Trump for President? an interesting analogy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tacmotusn, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

OK, however, that leaves the question, w
    Who would you elect?

2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Last election an awful lot of folks sat it out. Bammy won - some say - because so many sat it out.

Back in the day, Nevada had a ballot that included a selection as "None of the above". Voters had the choice of saying - "Oh, Hell NO." Nationally, they have the choice of not voting, a kind of choice by itself. If that's the case - and it may be - a lot of folks voted for none of the above.

I see that not voting as a way of saying - None of the above. And that may just happen again.

I don't want someone who can "make a deal" - been too damn many deals that have already been made.

I
    don't want someone who seems to think, as a taxpayer, I'm willing to support every freeloader/ignorant doofus that shows up with their hand out.

I do want someone who has a sense of what they are about, not driven by polls or how the media will portray them...

I damn sure don't want someone who thinks it's the job of the US to be the world's policeman. Muzzies want to whack each other, send some money for local camps until they get it sorted out - or finally kill each other off. These nutters have been at it since 600 AD - we won't made a damn bit of difference, and will go broke trying.

Do I have the answers? Likely not, but I am willing to sit it out until some adults can get a handle on things....

/rant

3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

My criticism was of the plagiarised anonymous author's comments about Trump's raccoon removal capabilities. , not yourself, tac. I carefully quoted your disclaimers, tac to highlight that what I was referencing were not your words. I have edited my earlier post to reflect what the actual author (Mr/Ms/Mrs Anonymous said, as distinct from your pre-amble and post script. You have my apologies for my oversight, I hope that rectifies the situation for you.

tacmotusn likes this.
  4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

My wild-assed monkey guess it will be Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren tag team into the oval office.
    This is going to be a funky wild ride.

5. chelloveck

I think you may have the most probable truth of it VT. :( Provided that the Republican candidates keep on tripping over each other and tearing each other apart in debates and primary Caucasus; and also keeping on making the kind of elementary gaffes that they have been doing thus far. The thought of another 4-8 years of Democrat White House occupation fills me with no relish at all, if it is to be a ground hog day reprise of the past 8 years. :rolleyes:

I wish the Republican Party would get their $h!te together.

tacmotusn likes this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Right now I'm seeing Trump in a landslide. The reason is that virtually every contributor and voter as realized that neither the Republican or Democrat establishment is getting the job done. We feel like both parties have completely let us down and are no longer trustworthy. Thus Democrats and Republicans are seeking a candidate that is a political outsider.

The Democrat voters are gravitating to Sanders, though the Democrat Machine is stacking the deck so that Clinton will win via Superdelegate domination, no matter ow many votes Sanders gets from the unwashed masses. Clinton will win, but this will backfire as pissed off Democrats will either sit this one out or write Sanders in anyway.

On the Republican side, we are so pissed off seeing the party establishment crush any attempt at reform that we are done with them. Done. Trump as an outsider that wont take anybody's crap and who is willing to say the unsayable gets the vote as the only alternative to yet one more disappointing round of the same.

Unlike the Democrat Machine, the Republican Machine as been steamrolled flat by Trump. They just cant find a way to stop him. Trump is generating excitement, and voters will turn out for him.

Peggy Noonan nails it in the WSJ:
    Trump and the Rise of the Unprotected

Taku and Yard Dart like this.
  7. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

So would you be willing to equate some votes fr trump as votes against the political establishment of both parties? I am not a fan of trump but if it comes down to it I might end up voting for him in the general election more out of protest to the other candidates.

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Lesser of two Weevils.....

VisuTrac, mysterymet and 3M-TA3 like this.
  9. chelloveck

If being elected POTUS on the basis that protest votes outnumbered votes that were actually cast in favour of the platform that Trump actually stands for, and is prepared to commit the USA to over the next 4-8 years: then all I have to say is.... god save the Republic....For it is going to be screwed right royally, by Emperor DonaldoTrump the 1st.

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Isn't that what happened with Obummer... They (Not Me) voted to Elect a Black Man, with little thought as to his qualifications for the JOB... Twice... and we are still paying for it TODAY... 7 Years later.....

mysterymet, Yard Dart and 3M-TA3 like this.
  11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

It is in the making. The party heads still haven't woken up. The RNC is so out of touch with the voters that this Trump phenomenon is a result of their actions. We handed them the 2014 election. The voters gave the party another shot and they have blown it. Voting for a candidate that is backed by the RNC is basically voting for a Democrat. Trump nailed it the other night. As distasteful as that debate was, when Trump in his closing statement this week spoke, he spoke what voters, conservative voters have been feeling-

12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Yes, and its already shaking up party leadership as its becoming obvious that they cant derail him. The strategy they used when Reagan was elected was to give lip service, then waited until they could go back to business as usual.

Taku and pearlselby like this.
  13. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

You said it WAY better than I could.

Taku likes this.
  14. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

Thank you @tacmotusn ........Well said.

Taku likes this.
  15. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

@tacmotusn, Thank you so much for posting this. Awesome. I just read this to my husband and he said you are a genius.
    It makes total sense. I do not agree with everything about Donald Trump, but, right now we need someone like him.
    I would like to see OPERATION CLEANSWEEP in DC. All of the career men out. Go and get real jobs. I am so disappointed in Goudy and some of the other tea party people.
    It is obvious people are fed up. I called and told the RNC exactly what I thought of them an their tactics.
    Thank you again, tacmotusn.

Taku likes this.
  16. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Whether you voted for the light twin, the dark twin, a third party candidate or not at all, Obamney was still the winner.

17. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

For every winner, there's a loser. We have met the loser, he is us.

Yard Dart and VisuTrac like this.
  18. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

It is enough that the people know there was an election. Those who cast the votes decide nothing.
    Those who count the votes decide everything."

Ya - this guy...said that (or at least it is attributed to Stalin - believable, to say the least) ^^

[​IMG]

In 2006, the documentary Hacking Democracy, exposed Diebold and their role in rigging elections with their electronic voting machines.

Clinton Eugene “Clint” Curtis is an American attorney, computer programmer and ex-employee of NASA and ExxonMobil, who also exposed election hacking.

He is notable chiefly for making a series of whistleblower allegations about his former employer and about Republican Congressman Tom Feeney, including an allegation that in 2000, Feeney and Yang Enterprises requested Curtis’s assistance in a scheme to steal votes by inserting fraudulent code into touch screen voting systems.

Curtis is seen in the video below testifying under oath in front of the U.S. House Judiciary Members in Ohio.

He tells the members how he was hired by Congressman Tom Feeney in 2000 to build a prototype software package that would secretly rig an election to sway the result 51/49 to a specified side.

More on machine hacks - Florida Op-Scan Systems Hacked Three Ways | Election Defense Alliance

19. chelloveck

I'm sure Al Gore would endorse that quotation.

20. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

We just need politics OUT of government.

I would give DT and chance.

Taku and Tikka like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7