Try and wrap your brain around this idea

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Ran across this article recently:

In 1982 Alain Aspect discovered a remarkable quality of subatomic particles. He discovered that regardless of how much distance you put between them they can communicate with each other instantaneously. It doesn't matter whether they are 10 feet or 10 light years apart. Somehow, each particle always seems to know what the other is doing.

The problem with this is that it violates Einstein's law that no communication can travel faster than the speed of light. To do so would require more energy then is available in the universe, and it would break the time barrier.

This discovery has lead some physicists to suggest that objective reality does not exist at all. Despite its apparent solidity the universe is essentially a hallucination. University of London physicist David Bohm describes it in terms of a hologram. A hologram is a three- dimensional photograph in which the entire image of the picture is present in every piece you break it into regardless of how small the pieces are. The image of the whole repeats itself indefinitely. In short, every part of a hologram contains all the information possessed by the whole.

Bohm believes the reason subatomic particles are able to remain in contact with one another regardless of the distance separating them is not because they are sending some sort of mysterious signal back and forth, but because their separateness is an hallucination. He argues that at some deeper level of reality such particles are not individual entities, but are actually extensions of the same fundamental something and in fact may not even be particles at all.

Let's stop for a moment and consider the ramifications of this. What this means is that we are basically oblivious to true reality. Every physical object is composed of subatomic particles. We view these objects as separate, and yet they are not. What we perceive is merely a distorted image of their true reality. If subatomic particles are not separate parts, but aspects, or facets of a deeper, underlying unity then the universe itself is an hallucination, a projection of a hologram. The images appear real in their separate, solid, uniqueness, but they are not. All things in the universe are infinitely interconnected, and "solid" objects are just empty space.

The images of the electrons in your finger tip are somehow infinitely connected to the images of the subatomic particles in a star on the other side of the galaxy. Everything that people love to separate and categorize are really the same something, and all of nature is ultimately a seamless web of reflection. Our perceptions of time and space are wrong because in such a universe the ideas of time and space lose their reality. Concepts such as location are rendered meaningless in a universe in which nothing is separate from anything else, and past, present, and future happen simultaneously as Albert Einstein discovered back in the fifties. Perhaps one day we will discover a way to access the deeper underlying reality that we merely perceive the reflections of and pluck out scenes from the past or future.

As far out as this may sound, it is only the half of it. The receiver, or the human brain must be taken into account as well. The brain stores memories in a holographic manner. There is no one section of the brain that holds specific memories, because memories are not stored in neurons, but rather in patterns of nerve impulses that crisscross the entire brain in the same way that patterns of light crisscross the entire picture of a hologram. In other words, the brain itself is a hologram of sorts. This also explains how we can have so many memories in such a small space.
    Now, if the concreteness of the world is but a secondary illusion and what we perceive is actually a holographic blur of light and frequencies, and if the brain is also a hologram and only selects some of the frequencies out of this blur and transforms them into sensory perceptions, what becomes of objective reality? It ceases to exist as we know it. We are merely receivers of reflections in the form of light and frequencies of a reality that is imperceivable to our five basic senses.

Another question is what does this mean for what we call the paranormal? If there is no separateness then abilities such as telepathy, teleportation, and telekinesis should all be perfectly possible. Does our mind have some way of accessing true reality? Have the ancient religions and Spiritualities of the east known all along what science is just now tapping into? What's more, will modern day science be able to accept that everything they think they know about the physical is wrong?

"What could you not accept, if you but knew that everything that happens, all events, past, present, and to come, are gently planned by One Whose only purpose is your good?"
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................

Anyone here wish to share what the above means to them? This is spooky stuff, really. Wow.

Could be a good explanation for deja vu.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
    Brokor likes this.
  2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

If all matter is made of these particles, and all particles are inter- connected, then all tools to react, to manipulate, record, or even observe would also be connected, and would also be reacting. There would be no manner even to observe the phenomenon.

In other words.... If all matter were to be expanding in size at the same rate. All the time. All materials AND THE TOOLS NEEDED TO MEASURE THEM, there would never be an observable expansion.

3. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Read some stuff by Brian Greene on string theory or on M-theory and it twists your brain more than this. Having 11 dimensions to the universe yields some very interesting suggested explanations from Alain Aspect's experiments seemingly validating Einstein's predicted ghost effect to some phylosophers tendering a scientific explanation for where heaven and hell may be.

AT

4. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

It is food for thought, and they do make a few good points, namely the whole 'modern day science is crap' one(ok that's not exactly what they said, but I'm paraphrasing). I will say that I believe there is an 'ultimate reality'(that most people ignore because it's not on YouTube), and that everyone has their own personal reality. For me reality is nature. Not the human construct of 'society'. I mean our concept of time only exists in the human reality. Minutes, seconds, hours, they exist only because we say they do. In the wild there is only the seasons, moon phases, day, night, etc. And there is no set 'time' that they happen, it's always gradual, like the sun rising and setting. Did I mention I don't like the whole Daylight Savings Time crap?

5. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Was told that God had lay'd out the history of everything at the moment of creation..

gunbunny likes this.
  6. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Consciousness is what creates "it" , harmonic resonance is what holds "it" together and light transmits information to "it".

Brokor likes this.
  7. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Hell is in D.C.

Now where's my reward for solving a mystery of the universe?! :cool:

Quigley_Sharps and kellory like this.
  8. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Side note - if you are deeply Christian, beware when researching this stuff.
    Pray for discernment.
    There are plenty of info-agents that take these secrets and try to lead you away from Christ into "The Theory of One".

9. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

In the late 1920's Hiesenberg theorized about the uncertainty principle that others such as Schoedinger built upon and experiments seemed to corroborate. The basic premise is the exact position and exact momentum of a particle can not both be known with precision. The position can be known with precision but not the exact momentum or visa versa.

The implications were huge for philosophers and theologians because for the future to be known or preordained both would have to be known in order to predict where particles will travel to. Personally I rather like that uncertainty as it means my decisions are indeed mine and likely important and I am not just a pawn being pushed around on God's chessboard. It means if there is a heaven and a hell our decisions in life may well matter into which other dimensions we may reside after leaving the 4 dimensions we perceive. Just food for thought.

AT

kellory and BTPost like this.
  10. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I like this very much. =)

You know, many years ago I started a dream journal when I would meditate. Before I would meditate and then allow myself to drift off to sleep, I would focus on my image (for me it is the Star from the GD Tarot). Upon awakening, the first thing I would do is log to my journal. All things being equal, and referring back to my journal, I found that I could see far more than could ever be expected. Some would say this is strange or even prophecy, but it's really not. Everything is connected. Ever wonder how some people can sense emotions in others without even seeing them or being in the same room? What about knowing the name of a complete stranger or other things typically believed to be personal? Yes, there are many "secrets" out there, and most folks who practice meditation and are keenly aware of some of these untapped abilities won't go into detail with those who are not awakened to the deeper senses. Well, it all starts to make sense if one takes the time...

Forgetting every falsity I had ever learned was the greatest thing I ever did. This universe is amazing, and people are only a small (and sometimes wonderful) part of it.

Mountainman and Mindgrinder like this.
  11. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I've experienced some weird déjà vu over the years, but had a real good one a year ago. A Buddy called on a Saturday morning and asked me to ride down to Cannon beach with him for the day. We hopped in the truck and went, totally unplanned.

We got down there and met some friends of his and some of their family staying at a little place on the beach. An old acquaintance from way back was there with his wife and kids, so we had lunch with them and hung out on the beach all afternoon/evening.

Later in the evening, we were all in the hotel room. We were talking, and suddenly I realized I had lived that exact moment with those exact people before. I had a dream or something about it a few years ago. I'd never been in the room before, but suddenly it was exactly familiar. The people, the setting, the activities, were all suddenly like a replay of something I'd foreseen a few years before.

Never understood how that déjà vu works.

12. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I have had deja vu on occasion. And around 3 weeks or so before the Northridge earthquake in 1994(I think it was '94), I had a dream that I was a cop in futuristic L.A., and was driving on I-5 when an earthquake hit, and after it was over, I helped this old guy in his truck, and then when the earthquake really happened, on the news there was this lady cop who had helped that same old guy, and he said the exact same thing on the news that he said in my dream.

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  13. kellory

We had a game we played as young adults. One in a group of 3-6 people would open with the question "have you ever had that feeling of deje-vu?"
    (This was done in crowded locations/ strangers, mind)
    Some one else would respond " that feeling that you have done or said something before? (Deadpan)No, why?"
    (First person)" oh, just asking"

(Pause)
    Third person asks "have you ever had that feeling of deja-vu?"
    Fourth person "that feeling you have said or done something before? No, why?"
    Third person "oh, just asking...

Repeat,

Repeat,
    Tend s to make people doubt their own sanity?;)

14. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[fnny]You need a game for that?

15. kellory

Um,... It makes other people in the crowd flip out, not us...we KNOW what really happened.;)

16. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Fun game. I like messing with people's heads alot more than is probably 'proper' but oh well. [dancindevil]

17. fmhuff

fmhuff Monkey+++

It's interesting to speculate on others speculations, but to me it sounds like this stuff is "All in your Head". :lol:Note: pun intended.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  18. Ajax

Ajax Monkey++

Personally reading stuff like this makes sense to me as a Christian.

Minuteman and Quigley_Sharps like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7