Tryin' to take better pics

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Valkman, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Found some good settings on the camera finally! This is just some old thing I'm working on - actually it's Melbo's Large Utility and I thought it was done until I saw it under this light. Ack! Man every little flaw shows up, so I'll be working on the handle some more. When the wife is done with the sheath I'll put the logo on and sharpen it. :)

The last one really shows the flaws:
    left_bladefront_593. right_bladeaway_684. left1_nologo_155.

2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Good photos and a great knife V-Man. I think you've mastered the camera as well as the knifemaking

3. Valkman

I can't believe how this diffused light really shows every little flaw! Thanks RH, long way to go on both. :)

4. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

There are Flaws?

5. Valkman

To me in that last pic the handle has a few spots that aren't right, but I'll sand it again and buff it out. :D

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

What magnus said! I see a fine piece that I will either break or pass to my grandchildren.!!

Are you putting the logo like in your avatar or the other way these days?

7. Valkman

Oh yea, I'll put a logo on them. I just wait to do that and sharpen it until the sheath is done.

Here's some of both - I really like the way these turned out, especially the large one. I'd been changing the front of the handle with every knife trying to find what I liked and I like this!
    both_crossed_145. both1_125.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7