TSA Agent wearing a burka

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Dec 19, 2010.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Normally, yes, a snubbie is a revolver. Bear in mind that the reporter is ignorant if not completely (hopefully terminally) stupid.

The fallout on the news indicates that no one lost their jobs, just got more Super High Intensity Training and sent back to work. Why would they not fire them, you ask? Because that would run up the numbers of the unemployed. You have your choice, pay the publicly funded unemployment compensation or pay the numb nuts to put on the publicly funded dog and pony show at the airports. Some choice, eh?

2. Drumbo

Drumbo Monkey+

Two possible outcomes imho:
    1. TSA arrests the guy and charges him with the crime he's confesed to.
    2. They use this as an example of why we need even more intense security screening.

3. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

At least it's obvious that we arn't profiling...

The person with the gun... "Iranian-American businessman Farid Seif"

4. ghrit

He's Iranian-American. Another hyphenated citizen, appalled as he should be if his story is to be believed. Can't help wondering how he got his hand cannon back into the states if indeed he really did get past the touchie-feelie's baggage x-ray machines.

5. fireplaceguy

fireplaceguy Monkey+

Great catch, Melbo! Hope this goes truly viral and drives our membership...

Our air transport system is riddled with Muslims. A friend I shoot with is an airline A&P wrench and (of course) he works on airport grounds. He is never checked at the employee entrance, and one time (after we had been camping over a long weekend!) he accidentally drove to work with a truck full of guns and ammo. Trouble is, a lot of Arab ramp workers use that same entrance, and they're never checked either. If they ever decide to bring a plane down, they'll do it without coming near the security lines.

This hole in security is just as serious a problem as our open border, and the dot gov knows all about it. (Of course, the TSA indignities we suffer aren't about security either...)

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

This type of thing is important enough to get out everywhere you can. Facebook, Digg, etc.

Joe Six Pack needs to see it.

7. Goldwampum

Goldwampum Monkey+

Yup, or even in a pickup truck.[CRC] I just posted that smiley 'cause I wanta be there. [drooling] No other reason. What a poive.

8. Technopenguin

Technopenguin Monkey+

9. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Done and done. Several of my conservative friends have e-mailed me. This thing is going VIRAL.

10. Turtle

Turtle Monkey+

I have never been on a plane...Combine this with the hassle of attempting to bring insulin and needles on the aircraft ( not to mention my testing strips sometimes randomly set of various theft and security detectors ) and it would have to be a pretty spectacular reason to get me on a plane.

11. Shakeyhands

Shakeyhands Monkey+

So are all Muslims terrorists? I have a neighbour who is a Muslim, very nice guy. He has a wife and two children, goes to work, pays taxes etc... he also attends his Mosque regularly. Is he not entitled to do all of that because he is Muslim? Just curious.

12. Your first sentence sets the tone for your post - you have never been on a plane, therefore your fears are based on lack of experience. If you are up front with the security screeners they have a deal of discretion. I recently flew in uniform with my aid bag - including needles, a basic load of medications, scissors, scalpels, sutures, etc - and the screeners didn't even blink at allowing me on the plane with it after I was up front about what I was carrying and why (though I did have some concern they might have an issue with me carrying meds as a medic, and not a doctor - which concerns proved baseless). Airport bathrooms have sharp containers for diabetics - so it's obvious they are aware of the needs of their insulin dependent flyers.

13. ghrit

I am truly not concerned with the airlines understanding the needs of passengers. The rights are another story, and those are spelled out in the tariffs, so those are not subject to interpretation. The gropers and their handlers/directors are another question, entirely. That is the problem, they don't appear to be authorized to think. Had you tried to board with your med kit while out of uniform, things could have been different. Not saying they would have been, I'm thinking of the ignorants out there that wouldn't recognize an active duty ID on a bet. I haven't flown in several years, so I don't have current experience, and the last time thru was before the groping started. Wasn't fun then, the line was too, too long to tolerate readily. (Denver's airport was a BAD place to change planes.)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7