TSA Stupidity

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Falcon15, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

If someone already started a thread about the newest TSA stupidity stories, I apologize. I did, however want to share this with you as it is so ludicrous as to be in the realm of the absurd:

Another TSA Outrage | RedState

Read this story, carefully. Process what you are reading then let the fur fly and discuss. Thank you.

2. azprospector

azprospector Happy Desert Rat

Doesn't surprise me one bit. Just goes to show that all the nuts are not in the trees. What really worries me is that we have these types of nuts (TSA) who have absolutely no critical thinking skills supposedly protecting us. I've been saying for years that far too many people today lack enough common sense to survive a good case of heat rash.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Agree that thinking is not a priority for TSA. In defense of the screeners, they are specifically taught to NOT think, as to do so would deviate from the procedures that must be followed to assure uniformity of the operation. (Never mind that in private life, thinking might be possible.) What I don't know is how anyone could allow themselves to be so rigidly restrained unless something (like food on the table for their kids) made them take the job. This is one of those cases where thought and reason has to be applied at the policy setting level (if there's any there) not at the portals. PC, once again, has smacked us with well intended procedures that produced unanticipated and unintended consequences.

Bungs, all, Napolitano on down (and up.)

Sapper John likes this.
  4. azprospector

I agree that following the stated rules and procedures is important and I also agree the problem really starts at the top. When you take that into account, it is even more disturbing. I don't fly anymore but if I did, I'd feel much safer if those responsible for my safety were allowed to use their brains a little.

5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I remember having isues with inspector once coming back from Turkey... we stored our contraband (playboys, beer) in with our pallet of class "A" explosives... conversation when something like this...

I need to inspect that pallet....

yes sir... but please do us a favor...

what?

If you are going to keep your radio on, and keep smoking we would like to get out of the blast radius...

ummm whats on the pallet?....

High expolsives...

oh ok looks good to me....

6. Joseph Thomas

Joseph Thomas Monkey+

I really don't think these new measures have anything to do with security of the flying public. My god, the underwear bomber was last December and they are doing this now.It is more about getting the public to accept increasing government control over them. Course the former Secretary of DHS now works for the company that sells this machine so I guess we could follow the money. If the American people put up with being treated like an in custody criminal defendant then they deserve what they get in the form of lost civil liberties and increasing totalitarianism.

7. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Innovative inventors are developing an airport security device that eliminates the privacy concerns that come with full-body scanners at the airports.

It’s a booth you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device and/or devices you may have on you. They see this as a win-win for everyone, with none of this being about racial profiling. It also would eliminate the costs of a long and expensive trial. Justice would be swift. Case closed!

Just imagine:
    You're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system . . .
    "Attention standby passengers — we now have a seat available on flight number 1234!"
    [LMAO]

8. azprospector

Absolutely fantastic ID Tracy. We need more thinking like that. Suggest it to the TSA

9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Coming soon to an airport near you...... [dunno]

[​IMG]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7