tutorial nameing contest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by monkeyman, Mar 28, 2006.

1. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ok, as a lot of you probably know, I have been working on getting a CD put together of photo tutorials on butchering that includes the sheep and beef ones that are in back to basics here and also one on pork and one for chickens then some charts and recipees and such. Well, the CD is just about finished but theres one thing missing, a good name for it.

I still need to come up with a name for the CD that will give folks some idea of what it is and to distinguish it from any other materials out there on the subject. So I figured I would see what you folks could come up with.

The winning name gets $5 off a copy of the CD and a bonus sent with it (the total price on the CDs will be $15 or 2 for $25). So take a look at the butchering tutorials in back to basics if you dont remember them and let me know what you think would be the best name.

2. Infidel

Infidel Guest

Monkeyfire

3. monkeyman

Well, kind of looking toward something to catch folks attention but also give them an idea of what it is.

4. Infidel

Infidel Guest

if you are not aware of the foxfire series of books (very famous for exactly what you are doing) then I recomend you hit the used book stores. Foxfire Volume 5 that I am reading now has hog butchering, fixing and cooking, It is no really there to teach all the details though. But it does a good number on the hog butchering education

http://www.foxfire.org/

There is a bunch of books on butchering on the amazon, one dvd is about butchering deer

Amazon.com: Practical Game Processing and Deer Butchering: Timothy Flynn, Garry Zick, Michael Brown: Movies & TV@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51S5SBRQHtL.@@AMEPARAM@@51S5SBRQHtL

nothing much on normal animals.

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I have the foxfire series as well.. good reads.

I have seen the promo of mms tutorial and it is pretty good.

I do like monkeyfire after thinking about it.

Beats Hog and cow slaughter #1

Let me think on this

6. Infidel

Infidel Guest

"Monkey's practical guide to slaughter"

7. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Supersavers Guide to Home Butchering: A Step by Step Tutorial

Butchering at Home: A Step by Step Tutorial

From Pasture to Plate: A Step by Step Guide to Home Butchering

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

So far, the best going. Monkeyfire could draw fire from the similarity to Foxfire, [bow]

9. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[applaud]
    [applaud]
    I like that one!! It's similar to what I was thinking: Field to Freezer.

10. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I like Pasture to Plate

11. monkeyman

So far Im kind of liking this one, since it describes what it is and also keeps it such that it would catch the intrest of not only those into survival per say but also small farms and so on.

12. melbo

sLaUgHtEr HoUsE
    Guns, Knives and blood
    -Tales from Missouri

13. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

A Step by Step Guide: How to make your family pet your family's dinner [LMAO]

14. Infidel

Infidel Guest

"Carnage d'flock & d'herd" - with pictures

15. RightHand

monkeyman - don't get mad - melbo started it :lol:

16. melbo

:lol: I figured he was going to pick the pasture to plate one...

[angel]

17. monkeyman

[LMAO] Not a problem. Still open to more ideas untill all the coding is done and we are ready to burn it but dont mind the humorous offerings either.

18. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Hoof to mouth in one day

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7