Two off-grid communities seeking participation

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Dust of the Sun, Jun 9, 2012.

1. ravenv12

ravenv12 Monkey

I'm in Georgia willing to relocate its me and my wife and we are looking to do this please contact me I'm very interested

2. Lineman247

Lineman247 The downtrodden shall rise!:

Curious how your friends are doing. Hope all is well,
    Darrell.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  3. singleVet

singleVet Neophyte Monkey

Hey Dust, Im a single vet still working hard everyday. I have only my tools and truck, but I am willing to stop by and talk with her to see if it would be a good fit for everyone. let me know if she still needs help.

4. Tink44

Tink44 Monkey

Hi I'm a single 44 yr old fem with vet tech animal care training and looking for a good community very interested love to know more

jakesplinter likes this.
  5. Tink44

Tink44 Monkey

Hi I saw your post and sounds very interesting to me please let me know if your still looking for people

Hi very interested please feel free to contact me

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2016
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

@Tink44, it's an odds on bet you will not hear from flash, he hasn't been on site since '13. -06 was last on site in May, but he's apt to show up now and then.

You should try sending PMs to those you want to contact rather than sitting back and hoping they stop off and see your invitations. Well, that's my thinking, anyway.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  7. Tink44

Tink44 Monkey

Thank I'll do that

8. jakesplinter

jakesplinter Monkey

Hey if you have any luck locating a good place me and my wife are seeking the same. Maybe we should all just go together and start our own

9. Looking2Move

Looking2Move Neophyte Monkey

Hello, my fiance and I are looking to move off grid in the next 4-6 months. We are looking for somewhere to go. I know how to garden and can food, sew, continuing learning herbs, tincture and polices. (herbal healing and wellness). My husband grew up on a farm working with cattle, breaking horses, and other farm duties. He also knows how to build homes from the ground up. Neither of us are afraid of hard work. We are willing to work with the community to further common goals in return for a spot to build a small home. Something like a shotgun house. We have no children. I am 41 and he is 35.

10. SpitfireGA

SpitfireGA Neophyte Monkey

Hi, I have just signed up to this site and am trying to navigate around here. I an interested in finding out more about the property that -06 has spoken about. I am single and can be in a position to move to the right off grid property as quickly as I could sell my current property. I have many skills and am certain that I have a lot to offer such a community. I would like to PM -06, just as soon as I figure out how to do that.....as I said, I just signed up to this site. If anyone else has information on his situation and can share that would be great!

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  11. Xanatosnemos

Xanatosnemos Monkey

First post, hello all.

I've been looking into creating an intentional community for awhile now, I mostly find ecowarrior types with lots of talk and not much else. I've been in an active online discussion with a group of people on facebook that has grown to over 20 now, Varying degrees of interest and skillsets. We've been debating and discussing for awhile now on where to go and the pros and cons. Building codes (ideally, none. we can build homes 1/3 the cost with the best technology out there if we aren't bound by outdated building codes, and the $$$ savings is just amazing, not to mention the other passive benefits like being bulletproof, resistant or immune to natural disasters, I'm going underground hobbit home myself, so a bunker) and uniqueness (Think Earthship styles, even if you don't choose to build out of tires, this is doable with CEB which is made out of dirt. And its non toxic, but I Digress.)

Also looking into viability of local income options, (jobs and market for business), options for self sufficiency (farming/growth) and freedom levels in the states laws.

Would love to network with others here and maybe find the future tribe mates.

*I am looking for a place where I can put my handy skills to use (learned from rental property ownership) to build homes (at least my own) that will last for generations (1000 years are the half-joking claim of some CEB builders)

I don't want to jump through hoops and expensive licensed professionals to do this since I can handle the building safely on my own skill. I envision a home that costs nothing to run (virtually, long-term, no electrical or water costs, mortgage would be null since its ideally paid for or very quickly paid for and debt free, only debt would be a split-share portion of landtax.

*Also looking to run my food cart in nearby town/cities to earn a living, so I need some kinda drivable distance to a population center, sadly.

*looking for a peaceful parenting style of village that believes in community and respects individual liberty.

helenelaina likes this.
  12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Utopia is just down the block, and take a right.... Unless you are out in Bush Alaska, Building Codes will very likely always be with you... and these days, anywhere near a population center, is going to require Engineering Documents, for any non-Traditional Housing Structure...

Ganado likes this.
  13. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

We don;t have property tax, if that is worth anything...

14. Xanatosnemos

Xanatosnemos Monkey

Unhelpful answer. I know of at least half a dozen places with no building codes in the US so far. i'm still canvassing areas to find more and maybe find a good spot.

15. oneman050297

oneman050297 Neophyte Monkey

oneman050297@gmail.com looking for a homestead to live on. will work and do my part i have a week to leave my parent house in nc. will walk to the homestead.
    male 19

this is no joke

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2016
  16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

17. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Well, in theory, you could "Walk" to where I live, but the last 250 miles, would be ALL Alaska Wilderness, in the winter time. I DO live on the North American Continent, but the nearest Road, that connects to anywhere else, is that same 250 Miles away. The Bears are all asleep now, but the wolves, are active, and hungry. Take Motomom's Advice, and look for something closer, to you... If your advertising, it would help if you described your SkillSets, and education. Most places aren't looking for young men with issues, like Booze, or Drugs. They may take a chance on, a Hard Luck Story, but willing to learn, and work hard. Good luck. To you...

18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It may not be a joke, but you are in a hurry for a reason (I'm guessing your departure is NOT your idea --) It is very unlikely that anyone is going to reach out without knowing you well and long. OPSEC is a critical element here. Getting here walking will take you at least a month pushing 20 miles a day and bad weather coming. Good luck.

19. Jhonclark4life

Jhonclark4life Neophyte Monkey

Hi my name is Michael im a 33 yr old fit single man that does not do drugs or drama or drink or smoke or date at this time I have farming exspieriance and can build draw or weld most anything I am a hard worker and early riser willing to work hard for my keep also I don't really watch TV or anything but tutorials really looking for sanctuary and a good book on a sunny afternoon where I can work workout eat learn and exist under the sun with like minded people the older I get the less I need the more I learn the more I want to just live by my conscious please take me in or point me in the right direction at least hear my story and decide for yourself nobody ever called me lazy grew up on a ranch caring for livestock

20. Jhonclark4life

Jhonclark4life Neophyte Monkey

Will work for keep farming exspieriance

Can draw build or weld or grow anything

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2016
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7