TX open carry scares libs/idiots

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Legion489, Feb 3, 2016.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

YES....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

TK's

3. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Wrasslin the hawgs would make you a bad ass ;)

Tikka likes this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Never know when a hog is pissed of enough to put me up a tree
    Too old and fat to run very fast anymore
    So I just kill em.

5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I have an issue with open carry of long arms... My concern is that it aggravates the masses.. a hand gun is not as overt as a long arm in your hands or in a cross chest carry with a hand on the grip (similar to @chellovick 's post above)... with today's liberal press it is just more fodder for the gun haters...

YMMV

6. chimo

My issue is the irrational fear of seeing a firearm. If you were in an area where hunting is allowed during hunting season, do you think fear of seeing long arms would be rational or irrational? If you were in the area of a shooting range, would fear of seeing long arms be rational or irrational? IMO, the best way to curb these irrational fears is to make the sight of firearms...long or short, common again.

7. BTPost

However, The LIBs never complain about a Person who is wearing some sort of "Uniform" Open Carrying..... Why is that? Plain Clothes.... BIG ISSUE.... Uniform.... NO ISSUE.... so it can't be the firearm itself... but the way the Carrier is clothed... Think about it...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. chimo

I did an experiment back when I was a rookie cop. Walked into a crowded bar in uniform and everybody shrank away and avoided me like I had just farted a weeks worth of eggs and beer. So my partner and I left and I changed into a pink tutu, strapped back on my duty belt, pinned my badge to my breast, put my cover back on and we went back to the same joint. I was a freakin celebrity...people wanting to buy me drinks and gals throwing themselves at me. Moral of the story is that a pink tutu calms all fears I guess.

Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Witch Doctor 01

I question the mental stability of folks who feel they have a need to carry an AR-15 or AK clone into Walmart or the grocery store just because they can IMO carrying a long gun while hunting is one thing thinking you can make liber-tards comfortable by open carry of "long guns" (meaning Ar's , Ak's, military style long arms of any type) in any environment other than the woods, shooting range etc. is ludicrous and asking for negative feed back from the press and most common folks be they gun rights advocates or simply folks who don't care one way or the other. This will push store owners to ban carry in venues that currently allow carry.

YMMV

chelloveck likes this.
  10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I also have to question the rationality of someone who open carries a spear gun or harpoon into the fresh and frozen fish aisle of the supermarket simply because they can...just in case something bad goes down in the frozen fish section in, and they want to defend themselves if there is a "bkack Friday specials" riot. :eek: I think that might just as disturbing to conservaqricks as libtards. :rolleyes:

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Chelly,
    As I prefer surprises, I have no plans on open carry. However, if it is legal, it is none of my business.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. chimo

There was a time when them libtards weren't so concerned with it. I don't know where you learned history, but open carry of long guns was considered normal and not noteworthy of discussion for a whole lotta years. Indeed, it was the handgun people disliked more...especially when one was sneaky and kept it hid, like he was up to no good. That's why the pretty people started banning concealed carry...honest people carried their weapons openly, for all the honest world to see. It was also a good way to keep handguns out of the hands of those pesky darkies, beaners, chinks, wops, polacks and micks.

Heck even Texas has "allowed" open carry of long guns despite its early ban on any carry of handguns.

People of today are conditioned to be hoplophobes. Can't change that by pandering to their irrational fears, better to show them the irrationality of their fears. As long as people continue to consider their friends and neighbors as potential threats...armed or not, our freedoms will continue to be given away for the sake of false safety.

I also don't subscribe to this notion that anyone has to give me or anyone else a reason for his wish to carry ANY firearm...he/she is obviously carrying it because they want to...and their reasons are not my business or subject to my holier-than-thou judgments.

I like to spend my time defending our right to bear arms...not denigrating those who carry a certain way or certain guns. All this holier-than-thou BS is what has been costing us the erosion of our right to keep and bear arms over the years.

First they came for the machine guns...but I didn't mind, I didn't have a machine gun...nobody NEEDS a machine gun, in fact, that scares me! So hey, I am going to restrict the god-given rights of my fellow man so I can feel all smug and superior and safe. Look at me I am a responsible citizen-serf.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Yard Dart, Pax Mentis and oldawg like this.
  13. Witch Doctor 01

Obviously we disagree... that is what makes the world turn..

14. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

They already do. To be honest, as over 90% of all mass shootings occur in them, unless necessary, I avoid gun free zones. Not that I would do such a thing or advise another to do it; one of the advantages of concealed is the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. :)

@chimo,
    IMO, our Rights are infringed by tax stamps as much as the laws against open carry. Open carry of pistols is a lot more comfortable than a long arm on a sling when shopping. :LOL:

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  15. chimo

I don't prefer to carry my long arms...but I respect the right of those who do without giving them a lot of holier than thou BS...unless of course they are not handling it safely, in which case I am apt to do a lot more than lecture them. ;)

Tax stamps, taxes, fees, it's all theft. If I had my druthers every single gun control law back to Texas' handgun law would get repealed. Hmm, wonder if any of these folks considering a con-con have repealing the 16th Amendment on the agenda?

you're just feeling inadequate cuz others have guns longer than yours. [biggrouphug] :p ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2016
  16. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

I basically concur with Chimo. I do open carry some of the time just to get the hopliphobes used to the sight, and mostly in my neighborhood for the metros. I've open carried in uniform since 1972 off and on and know how to deal with an idiot that would try and disarm me.

Sometimes, I like to relax a bit more and so I carry concealed but keep SA to a proper level.

To each their own, and damn all Fudds.

Jim

17. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Personally I prefer the shoulder holster.
    1.it's not on my hip, it's enough I have my flashlight folding knife and cell phone on my hip in a custom holster..
    2.it's not obvious, so no one is discomforted.
    3.walking through brush or crawling over the ground it is still secure.
    4.releaving my self in public ,at home or in the field it remains where it belongs.
    5. If I fall it is not exposed necessarily.
    6. If I must run for any reason it remains secure and not flapping at my side risking the chance of losing it.
    7. If I'm climbing and in awkward positions, I have no fear of it falling out .
    8 Driving does not present a problem.

kellory and BTPost like this.
  18. BTPost

My Browning HiPower has lived in a Shoulder rig for 40+ Years, for the same Reasons.... Normally just hangs on a Hook, in my Office, but if I feel the need, it goes on, MY Person, under my jacket....

19. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

20. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I missed your post and I apologize.

I'm the same as you. I prefer not to carry long arms (my choice). If others choose to carry a long arm; although it isn't my choice, it is theirs and I respect it. No holier than thou speeches or thoughts here; it's simply the right to choose which is what freedom is all about.
    Where I draw the line is when another says because you or I don't care to sling a long arm over our shoulder or on a 3 point; we are somehow anti gun.
    I don't know about you; however, I find them ignoring my Right to choose while I support theirs to choose.

I get bored with the blah-blah of others. About 20 years ago, my doctor suggested due to my hearing damage that I should give up shooting. Rather than say what I was really thinking; I asked if he would write me a prescription for silencers which shut him up.

I agree as I have paid tax stamps and for a license to carry what is my right to carry. I find it to be worse than theft.

As I wear a 38" sleeve with a 36" inseam, there are some great answers to that; however, we are in mixed company. Think an orangutan :D:D

How about my bench rifle had a 26" barrel.
    As the chamber eroded from use, I had the shoulder set back. So it's about 25.something. :ROFLMAO:

Legion489 likes this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. HK_User
  3. Cruisin Sloth
  4. DKR
  5. oil pan 4
  6. Yard Dart
  7. tacmotusn
  8. T. Riley
  9. Motomom34
  10. Motomom34
  11. HK_User