U.N. gun control treaty trumps 2nd Amendment??

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CATO, Jul 3, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

2. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Molon Labe (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ) or "come and take them" applies here

Falcon15, Seawolf1090, oldawg and 2 others like this.
  3. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

They can kiss my gun totin redneck American ass. I dont give a flyin f*** what they decide to try down there, I wont comply with ANY request to hand over my guns. If they come to take them, they will get them but it will be bullets first.

Falcon15, TwoCrows and Seawolf1090 like this.
  4. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Down here in my little part of Texas we are smooth covered up with active and retired military,vets of all ages and branches,and about a half million or so "deer hunters" who understand the use and care of long range weapons and glass.It would be a deadly mistake to turn up here wearing a blue beanie and trying to confiscate guns. Death by patriot.

Falcon15 and Seawolf1090 like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Problem Solved !!!
    patriot_qual_target.

oldawg, Falcon15 and Seawolf1090 like this.
  6. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

So some smurfs can make a law that trumps our constitution? It's the US Constitution, not UN. I hate smurfs in a big way. Oh wait, is that hate speech? Ooops.

oldawg and Falcon15 like this.
  7. limpingbear

limpingbear future cancer survivor....

right now Obamy has too much on his plate to try and float this through congress. Wont have to worry about this until after the elections. If he wins re-election then all bets are off. I think Mittens is smart enough to stay way the hell away from it....

8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Blue or any other color - UN jackboots die like any other terrorists. And we have a LOT of experienced hunters out there.....
    The UN had better take Admiral Yamamoto's words to heart.

Moatengator, oldawg and Guit_fishN like this.
  9. Fridge

Fridge Monkey

10. limpingbear

Well....I know that Obumer and Clinton have no authority to sign a binding forign treaty without ratification by congress. As for the traety killing the 2nd ammendment through the supremacy clause, Well i had to look it up.....It dont wash. Article VI,Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, known as the Supremacy Clause, establishes the U.S. Constitution, U.S. Treaties, and laws made pursuant to the U.S. Constitution, shall be "the supreme law of the land."

As I read that it means that Congress and the House cannot pass a treaty that violates our constitution. If this POS Does get signed it will be the end of a career for whoever signs it.

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Not Congress... Treaties are ratified by the Senate.... This is EXACTLY Why we need to elect as many NRA 100% Senators, this next election cycle, in November. If we can get 60, then this BS, will end, on the Senate Floor, in little pieces.....

12. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

The question then becomes, what about a scapegoat? Someone to kill their "career" by signing it into law, and then they feed us the bit about having to overturn it might take a while. Could it happen? Tinfoil hat time? I don't know.

13. limpingbear

Thats just it.....it would take a majority of the SENATE ( thanks BT) to commit political suicide and pass it. And i dont see too many senators willing to do that. At least not right now.

14. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

It would only take 34 Senators to block it.

Would our Dear Leader try to sign it without ratification ?

15. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Wrong-o, Bear. there will be no elections, IMO. There will be some external (or possibly even internal) occurrence that causes Lord Obutthead to invoke PDD 51 (Continuity of Government), giving him absolute power, with zero over sight by any other branch of the government for at least 6 months.

Even if there are elections, Congress has nothing to do with treaties. The Senate does. If this is approved by the Senate, the treaty is sent to the President for ratification.
    That being said, International Law has always been trumped by Constitutional Law. Not that this means jack squat anymore. Just sayin'. YMMV.

16. limpingbear

Well....all things being said.....i know that local law enforcement will NOT go door to door taking guns. ( at least not very long ) I know a good percentage of our military wont either. So that leaves foreign intervention.....Those blue helmets can be seen (and hit) from a long way off.....

17. sgt peppersass

sgt peppersass Monkey+

going door to door would be commiting suicide. no one wants to give up rights, especially one as big as being able to keep yourself safe. It would only take a day or two, after a few botched missions a good amount of LEO would be seriously considering if a paycheck is worth it. I know and respect that they put their lives on the line daily for the common good but thats when the line gets crossed and its no longer postive intentions.

I live in a smaller new england town, about 8000 residents and our LEO force thats patrolling the streets and in dispatch is around 4 officers at most. They would have their hands full quickly to perform some type of fire arm take away without the help from state police or national guard help. And by the time that could happen the word would spread to quickly and their days would already be numbered. Sad to say anything with a badge or uniform would be in trouble, and that sucks because not all are bad.

18. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

A sheep with a gun is still a sheep.

The question is "How many people will meekly give up their guns ?"

Compared to the US citizens of 200 years ago, most today are programmed to compliance.

Moatengator likes this.
  19. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

There would be those that would hand over their guns if told to. But I would suggest that the majoity of gun owners would either hide their weapons or fight it out. Once confiscation of firearms started and the news spread, all bet's would be off for compliance. If they decide to subvert the constitutional rights of Americans and the right to bear arms, then it will be time to remind the Government who is in charge- We the People!!

Cephus likes this.
  20. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

Could PDD 51 be construed to mean that international treaties could be signed by the dictator in chief without ratification by the Senate ?

Since the details of it are kept secret even from Congress, who would know ?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7