U.S.S. New York

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by E.L., Feb 4, 2007.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I saw this being built on the Discovery Channel a while back.

[​IMG]

USS New York

It was built with 24 tons of scrap steel from the World Trade Center .

It is the fifth in a new class of warship - designed for missions that include special operations against terrorists. It will carry a crew of 360 sailors and 700 combat-ready Marines to be delivered ashore by helicopters and assault craft.

Steel from the World Trade Center was melted down in a foundry in Amite , LA to cast the ship's bow section. When it was poured into the molds
    on Sept. 9, 2003, "those big rough steelworkers treated it with total reverence," recalled Navy Capt. Kevin Wensing, who was there. "It was aspiritual moment for everybody there."

Junior Chavers, foundry operations manager, said that when the trade center steel first arrived, he touched it with his hand and the "hair on my neck stood up." "It had a big meaning to it for all of us," he said. "They knocked us down. They can't keep us down. We're going to be back."

The ship's motto? "Never Forget"

Please keep this going so everyone can see what we are made of in this country!

Attached Files:

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

So we symbolically turn leftover scrap from an attack orchestrated by our own government into an anti-terrorism weapon....... priceless.

Forgive my skepticism, I still don't believe that an idiot on a camel, thousands of miles away, was able to orchestrate an amazingly effective, multi-pronged attack, carried out by amateurs that somehow managed pinpoint precision for the first time in their lives, resulting in not only the first and second ever recorded "heat" induced skyscraper collapses in the history of the planet, but also the first ever "nearby tower" doing the same thing with a "neatness" about it that impressed even the best demolition experts.

[dunno]

3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I love these little gestures that make us feel all warm and fuzzy about killing people.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7