U.S. To Use Foreign Aid to Promote Gay Rights

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TXKajun, Dec 6, 2011.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Now THIS is a really useful way to spend our tax dollars. :sick: U.S. to use foreign aid to promote gay rights - CBS News

Not only are the gov't trying to ram them down our throats, but now the gov't is gonna try to ram them down foreign gov'ts throats. Good luck when you hit Islam!

I really don't remember giving my permission for MY tax dollars to be spent like this. Oh, btw, have we forgotten about our deficit?? This would make an excellent starting place for cuts.

Kajun

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

:mad:

Cephus likes this.
  3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

0bama and the democrats in action.

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

The only GOOD thing about Gay Rights is, taken to it's ultimate logical conclusion, they will breed themselves out of existence.....

larryinalabama and Alpha Dog like this.
  5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Gay people.....are......um....people are they not???

Human beings who are...um....human...is that not so? Why some people feel an entitlement to discriminate and persecute other people, solely on the basis of their sexual orientation or preference is beyond me....and that entitlement seems to be reinforced when there is a "legal" basis supporting such discrimination or persecution. Removing the legal basis of descrimination enables those who are discriminated against some chance of fair dealing by the broader community.

Other classes of people...humans...if you will, whom were/are legally discriminated against....persecuted if you will...women, African Americans, American Indians and so forth....bahaviour and attitudes towards the them changed when restrictive laws were changed to remove the barriers against their integration as human beings into the broader society. I see no difference with regard to gay and lesbian folk in that respect.....why should they be treated as second class citizens in their own country....and why shouldn't countries such as the USA and Australia et al show leadership in encouraging other countries to be more equitable with regard to gay and lesbian folk, in the same way that the USA and Australia encourage the fair treatment of ethnic minorities of countries that are recipients of our foreign aid.

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I think about the time the gay's stop parading down main street with Peacock feathers sticking out their ass...Will be the time when a lot of the so called discrimination....Will Stop....Besides ...they are some fun people to party with...

7. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I don't care what people do when in their own home and lives but why should they force it down my throat because I have different belief's. Why spend tax dollars to support it when there are more important things to deal with. They want to be treated like everyone else so stop making a big deal out of it and live how they want. As far as discrimination goes what about every Blue collar American that works every day?
    White people are discriminated against everday when it comes to getting jobs over us, education.

bountyhunter likes this.
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

This whole deal is NOT about the Money or Foreign Politics... BUT ALL about pandering to Obummer's Far Leftists Liberal Base the Gay and Lesbian Crowd. .... YMMV....

9. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I'm sure this has NOTHING to do with pandering to (minority) voters for next year's election...

10. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Better things to do

Look, ya wanna worry about ghey 'rights' fine, but please let's do that after

folks have enough clean water to drink
    have enough food to eat
    are safe in their own homes, hell that they have something beside fetid sqular to live in.

Priorities folks, before propensities!

Ugh. Babies dying from starvation and foggy bottom worries about this crap....

11. Seawolf1090

I am a firm believer in Equal Rights, and that EVERYONE is entitled to the same basic human rights. Gay, Black, Female - whatever religious or ethnic strain one happens to be - we all have the same basic RIGHTS.
    BUT...... when any one group gets BENEFITS & PRIVELEGES over any other group, THAT is prejudice. "Gay RIghts" is all about privilege. I don't buy that nonsense. I will treat them equally and equally with regard to the work place, and out in public. But they had better NOT try to shove their personal 'lifestyle choice' in my face - they won't like the results.
    Equal Rights works BOTH ways, or it doesn't work at all.
    That is my view, take it or leave it.

Tracy, VHestin, gunbunny and 5 others like this.
  12. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Except there really is a double standard. We (myself included) don't like gay's shoving their choices in our faces, but it's perfectly acceptable when Christians do it. Why is that? Why should that be acceptable? I find it rather amusing myself considering what Matthew 6:6 has to say. Of course maybe my interpretation is wrong. YMMV.

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I don't care what you do, or where you do it, as long as you're not using my money to shove it in my face.

Tracy, VHestin, Alpha Dog and 2 others like this.
  14. Seawolf1090

I don't like ANYONE shoving their views at me - Christians included - they aren't special. I live by Christian values, but draw the line when someone tries to 'save' me. That is between ME and GOD, period.
    ANY other minorities, special interest groups, environmental activists, politicians - all 'same same'....... leave me alone, and we can get along.

[freedom]

VHestin and Alpha Dog like this.
  15. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

The Bible says in the time near the END Men will become lovers of other Men. Keep on preping.

I dont really care what is Politically correct, equil rights and all the BULLCHIT. I have 2 young children and I dont want their school teacher, little league coach, boy scout leader, babysitter, day care operator, pastor and so on to be HOMOSEXUAL.
    DECIENT PEOPLE HAVE RIGHTS GIVEN FROM GOD ALSO AND ONE OF THEM IS TO PROTECT OUR CHILDREN FROM THESE EVIL HOMOSEXUALS.

Alpha Dog likes this.
  16. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

My problem is NOT with gays by any means. I've known quite a few in my 6 decades.

My problem is that the U.S. is paying other countries, using my tax dollars, to blatantly interfere with the other countries' internal, personal beliefs. Let the other countries work these things out, by themselves, kept within their borders, and adhering to their customs and beliefs, without our meddling.

Kajun

17. Alpha Dog

Couldn't have said it any better I agree 100% in my world it's not natural and I don't want my children forced to accept it. Keep it at home in private, me and my wife keep our personal affections at home and not out in public. Thats the problem with todays world everyone wants to make a show, force it on people who don't believe in what they are doing. It's like me I like to drink a beer every once in awhile and I cuss. Now I could if I wanted walk up to the preacher half drunk infront of the churches womens group and start cussing. I dont out of respect I know they dont like alcohol and cussing in front of wemon is disrespectful. People have no shame or respect for others feelings. Most of the gay people I have come in contact with just want left alone and keep their private life private and have no use for these groups drawing the public eye.

larryinalabama likes this.
  18. Espada

Espada Monkey+

I suppose everyone is entitled to their own queer opinions.

19. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I think it should be mandatory that all children be exposed to as many perversions as is possible while growing up so they can make an informed decision about their "Alternate Life-styles". NAMBLA starts having parades and a sheep or donkey in every hotel room! I truly don't care if people screw chickens, as long as they don't flaunt it to my children as a normal alternate life-style. Where do you draw the line? I make no public displays of my own sexuality, never had a parade about it and don't want any legislation to govern it. Enough is enough, any more is too damned much.

Alpha Dog likes this.
  20. Alpha Dog

I just want to add one more thing to your don't care exception's and they dont work at a chicken farm that sell to the public. (lol)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7