U.S. To Use Foreign Aid to Promote Gay Rights

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TXKajun, Dec 6, 2011.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

I think its sad that the country has such low morals, and we need laws to keep homosexuality out of schools.

As far as I know I still have the right to associate with whom I wish, and it aint a bunch of fags

Alpha Dog likes this.
  2. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

I'll use a somewhat famous quote to voice my feeling on this issue...and the Obama Admin...

3. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Thats what bothers me In the name of progress they have destoyed morals, family values and the church. It is unlawful to have God in our schools but okay to have two men having sex teach our children. What the He!! is wrong with that picture?

larryinalabama and Cephus like this.
  4. gmt48

gmt48 Monkey+

It's amazing how many creative new ways this Administration can come up with to waste American Taxpayer money. [​IMG]

5. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

And the worst part is "progress" doesn't have an ending point. Once the battle for one deviant behavior has been won they simply progress to seeing something else made OK. So whats next? Acceptance of horse/dog/etc porkers? Where is the line in the sand?

Alpha Dog likes this.
  6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It's an amusing double entendre

It's an amusing double entendre but it doesn't add much to the debate.

I find it a bit hypocritical when folk wail about linking foreign aid to countries who criminalise homosexuality on the principle that foreign aid should not be a lever to change the domestic policies of foreign aid recipients, but are quite content to ignore any inconsistancy with that principle when foreign aid is used to blackmail foreign governments and NGO's into conforming to American sectarian influences on how certain foreign aid programs are to be disbursed.

Whether some homosexuals flaunt their sexuality by flourishing peacock feathers from their fundaments is a relatively trivial thing...probably not greatly more offensive than Paris Hilton exhibiting her sexuality eggregiously via social media. The fact is, that in a number of countries that receive foreign aid...homosexuality is a crime for which the death penalty is a common enough occurence. I don't much care whatever one's sexual preferences are, what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own space is their own business, No one deserves to be executed or murdered for them.

As I understand it....the matter at issue in the foreign aid initiative is decriminalisation of homosexuality...not the promotion of homosexuality. At it's most basic, it is a matter of human rights to life and liberty, the liberty not live a lie for fear of prosecution, just to live.

There was a time when witches were persecuted...unto death...for no better reason than some quotes from the "sacred texts" were evoked to dispose of women (and in some cases men) who were perceived to be "different". The church (Catholic and Protestant) did well financially out of the persecution of witches (a proportion of the convicted witch's estate would invariably be apportioned to the witch's denouncers and the church). It has only been in recent times (the 20th century) when people were no longer subjected to criminal prosecution in western democracies for alleged witchcraft. I see no real difference with regard to the prosecution of homosexuality as a criminal offence. At some stage civilised people won't invoke the "holy" scriptures to justify the persecution of homosexuals in the way that people no longer appeal to scripture to burn witches.

VHestin and RightHand like this.
  7. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I agree that people need to stop trying to make others accept their views. I don't like joining any kind of organization for that reason. I don't like being told what to do. Never have, probably never will. And my views/opinions are just that, mine. I decided for myself what my beliefs are, I didn't just believe what I was told. And I'll be the one to answer for them, it's no one else's problem. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'll deal with the consequences when I answer for my life. At least I was honest with myself and lived my life the way I felt was right and if anyone don't like it, well that actually will be their problem, not mine.

8. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

At this point in time we need to be spending our money at home.

Let gay Hollywood Send the funds....

How about using foreign aid to HELP AMERICANS....Pass a law, you can only give aid to a foreign country if we see and EQUAL return on our "investment".

WHY can't we use this foreign aide money
    to help shore up......the National Debt.,
    or put it in Social Security or Medicare.....

Why don't we just send Rosie O'Donnel to Pakistan, and call it even ...

REAL unemployment approaching 20%, people starving in this and other countries, roads and bridges falling apart, money is needed for research on cures for diseases etc....

We're going to borrow money from China for this? We seem to be running short on it.

First nationalized healthcare, now gay rights, what happened to jobs?

Way to go after that gay vote obama. Not a coincidence we are nearing election time.
    He could give a sheet about gay rights, its about the votes so he can run the final nail in the American economy in his last 4 years.

I hope you are proud of your vote.....

9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

VH, That is why I enjoy the Monket Tree so much. Here we can just be who we are, and have meaningful discussions, without preaching our own version of the Gospel. Other monkeys are afforded the same privilege. The basic Rule is, that we do it with civility, and if you cross the line, others will point it out, to you.... ...... YMMV.......

chelloveck likes this.
  10. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

See, that's the only 'rule' I never have a problem with, being civil/respectful in a social environment. First Amendment to me means that while I have the right to shoot my mouth off, I also have the right to discretion and knowing when to shut up.

11. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

The gays were already PO'd with obummer the whitehouse clown, as he did not honor his prior election promises to give them their 'special rights' and bennies. NOW, he wants their votes, so he's telling them what they want to hear - standard procedure for this Chitown Hustler with a God Complex......

12. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Always found this amusing... but then again I'm just an easily amused dumb redneck.
    political-pictures-barack-obama-gay-vote.

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I see mooshell watching. A teaching moment -- ?

14. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

With the way she looks somewhat disgusted it's only a matter of time before she finds a Monica under his desk.

15. Seawolf1090

Was that hotdog vetted for halal......? [monkeyeating]

16. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

You arev what you eat.........seedick eat

Alpha Dog likes this.
  17. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Odumba$$ said he was just experimenting and it only happen a few times and he was intoxicated. Speaking of what ever happen to the guy that came out and said that the commander and chief had relations with him in the limo while doing cocain?

18. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

When the coffin manufacture was outsourced to Halliburton

I'm surprised that anyone could afford nails or a hammer at all???

19. Seawolf1090

Maybe it's a new peaceful long term tactic to eventually drive the enemy into extinction......
    Or.....

"War For Women!"

20. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

It must be nice to live in your world ,how much wine would a man have drink to get there .
    And yes we have problems here with politicians and their way of doing things just as would guess you do .but ya see we don't end up without our rights as fast as you seem to want to give them up.
    Just different upbringing I guess !!!

Sapper John and Alpha Dog like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7