UBI or Universal Basic Income

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by enloopious, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Waydah

Waydah Monkey

Can anyone think of or name any program the government implemented or that the government took over that ever was successful? The student loan debacle comes to mind. Once the colleges/universities saw that the government (meaning us taxpayers) were funding the loans the costs skyrocketed by design, not necessity. Isn't it also nice that some advocate a GBI using other people's money and productivity?
    A GBI promise is just more bait out of the communist's bait cooler to attract and hook the lazy and the ignorant into thinking they will get something for nothing. Life has taught me that you never get something for nothing. There is always a cost, hidden at first though it may be.

mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

My kid's teachers like to tell him to go look on the computer for answers. They do as little as possible. He is considering homeschooling to avoid the distractions and indoctrination stuff going on. Few jobs pay a living wage. I like the idea of union electrician or a plumber job. Training and decent pay. I think the SHTF will throw a monkey wrench in future plans. I don't tell my kids that.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7