Uh-oh. Another item for the prep list.

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by VisuTrac, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

I'd bet that come a time when there's nothing else to take care of a girl's need, that a preferred brand name isn't going to matter much.

lonnielou likes this.
  2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I use the hospital size Kotex napkins for end filter elements in a carbon-activated alumina air filter for diving. I also maintain a supply of Summers Eve Douche for when my puppies have a run-in with skunks; don't laugh, it works.

3. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Better than tomato juice?

4. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

So you must have enough boxes of them things to fill a 53' trailer bottom to top then.......Thank god my wife don't need em anymore.[cow]

5. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

Not quite that many,but I've got'em stocked.When the granddaughters go home I check the stash and if a box or pack is gone I go get more.I'd like to have a 53' trailer full,though..

6. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I do prefer Kotex, but I have a plastic bag somewhere with actual rags(just old un-oiled clothes that were too holy) if need arises, which it has occassionally.

7. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

8. Maxflax

Maxflax Lightning in a bottle

Note that here in the PNW USA the amerindians used dried moss, which is very plentiful along the coasts [peep]

9. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Hard training athletes/ballet dancers/etc often quit having their "monthly". In high stress situations ladies bodies seem to adapt. During the WWII Philippine guerrilla campaigns the ladies hardly ever needed them.

10. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Went down to the wholesale club this weekend and stocked up. It would definitely suck to be caught short of these things. that and toilet paper. Gotta have plenty of TP!

11. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Definitely want lots of TP when SHTF...I'm just sayin...

12. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Seriously. Why wipe your butt with leaves when you can stock up on TP now! I have 3 giant packages of those megarolls of charmin ultrasoft and plan on getting a few more. Computing the yearly TP requirement can be fairly easy to do.
    I also have a good supply of razors, soap, shampoo, oral hygiene items. Good hygiene is important for moral and health!

13. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Especially when we don't have leaves here so much as pine needles/cone ;-)

14. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Don't be limited by the typical American method of "wiping". Water is more plentiful than Charmin. Douche the rear. Unless you like stocking up on paper and irritating your own backside...I won't be troubled with the mysteries of poopery.

15. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

I'm with Bokor. Toilet paper - as we know it - was sold as "Theraputic Paper" back in the late 1800's when it was first marketed in America. Up until that point people (especially Europeans) used the bidet (and the Europeans still do). Heck, rural Americans kept a Sears catalog in the "necessary" (AKA the Crescent Moon Room) not only for reading, but - tear out a page and do the wipe. If all else fails, corncobs are the oldest standby. Buy a hot water bottle and make a bidet out of it. Stockpile phone books (they are free, and people usually just throw them out, these days) stockpile on cheaper newsprint paper catalogs (these things are flat, and store easier than rolls of TP on a shelf - you can accumulate more volume of paper in less space with flat, square sheets than rolls).
    A page with the history of Toilet Paper is here.

Me personally? I'll use my stocked TP (about a months worth) first. Then I am switching to phone books. Oh and tissues? BAH, buy a good old-fashioned handkerchief or bandanna. They are re-usable. Paper tissues are not.

16. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

This toilet paper discussion is starting to remind me of a scene in Out of the Woods(stars Ed Asner/Jason London as the lead characters, GREAT movie, got DVD of it myself, it's on YouTube as well). Though Jack(Ed's character) recommends a smooth stone or stick.

17. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I'm not going to wipe my behind with a stick. At least not as long as I can help it!

18. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Just a side note: if you so happen to have to do a bush-wipe (with leaves etc), and get poison oak/sumack in the back, Benadryl tablets help to mitigate the rash. Personal experience taking here. I was young and dumb once :lol:. Now I'm just old and cynical.

19. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Don't worry, eHow has a page on how to make your own toilet paper. But I lost/forgot the link... *blush*

20. Siskiyoumom

Siskiyoumom Monkey+

We stocked up for a years supply.

Then the pause....happened.

Now we are stocking up natural hormone replacement therapy, essential oils for my cranky days and working on our excercise to reduce the bone loss.

We plan to use the extra supplies as barter goods if need be or donate them to the womens shelter or to the Salvation Army.

We are continue to use birth control, as we are not keen on being parents in our fifties and sixties.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7