UK pulls ahead of US in race to become police state.

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Ivan, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Ivan

Ivan Monkey++

7000 saftey deposit boxes were raided indiscriminately.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ield-andpound1bn-of-drugs,-cash-and-guns.html

from the article:
    taser1

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

law breakers:
    Holy cow! better move that old stack of "girlie" magazines from my sock drawer to save embarassment when "they" decide to start searching everything...
    This is a quantum leap in privacy invasion...some interesting physics articles also linked on that page...

3. toemag

toemag Monkey++

I'm a very sarcastic individual, this is my take on this sort of thing.

If you have done nothing wrong you'll have nothing to be afraid of, as we are not in the business of manufacturing evidence to meet our needs, on a regular basis.

Gowd you can't beat them, over here in Germany they are starting on-line searches of your computer, guess I'll be off-line and doing time in cyber pokey for some of the politically in-correctness that I have been responsible for.

At least I wont be lonely.

Tony

4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

No one has freedom from searches except the USA (not that it doesn’t happen here already)
    No foreign country has a Constitution or Bill of Rights; they can do what ever they want as long as the Queen approves it:). Sorry about your luck

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Sure about that? I can't quote the magnacarta but I know it is the document both our sytems are based on...watching the original video above alot of the "stolen freedoms" are comparable to our own bill of rights....

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Magna Carta Libertatum (Great Charter of Freedoms), is an English charter originally issued in 1215.
    It required the King to renounce certain rights, respect certain legal procedures and accept that his will could be bound by the law.
    It explicitly protected certain rights of the King's subjects, whether free or fettered — most notably the writ of habeas corpus, allowing appeal against unlawful imprisonment.

7. toemag

toemag Monkey++

The Queen has nothing to do with law making in the UK. Just our elected officials misusing the power that we gave to them when we the people (I didn't) voted them into power............................

[ROFL][ROFL]You got to laugh or you'd cry.[lolol][lolol]

Tony

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7