UK says Newt won and Paul last ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cephus, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Espada

Espada Monkey+

I am not saying that the present state of affairs in US politics ought continue, and I have no stake in it doing so, other than it is in nobody's interests to create a political environment that is like to create enormous instability. That is why I suggest that the notion of a disenfranchisement strategy is a conservative pipe dream, not likely to bear any satisfying fruit for anyone, except perhaps gun and ammunition manufacturers. That is not to say that reform is not needed and that the reform of political institutions ought not be attempted, just that such reforms need to be practically achievable and be broadly beneficial to the nation as a whole.

In a nutshell, sir, you have dished your entire sequence of arguements; with 48 % of Americans NOT paying income taxes, but instead receiving MY tax money for their existences and fairly nice lifestyles, and with that percentage climbing as rapidly as certain groups' birthrates in America, politicians who buy votes with my tax money will make up an ever-increasing percentage of Congress, which will decidedly NOT attempt to police itself toward decency and statesmanship.

Members of Congress will accelerate their demands on the producers accordingly, and the downward spiral of this country will continue. "The future of America be damned... I've got mine."

I mentioned literacy and employment as parameters... are those standards considered unfairly demanding in Australia for qualifications for steering the ship of State ?

Cephus likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7