Ultra-wealthy stocking up on survival supplies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Mar 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Personal Liberty Poll
    Exercise your right to vote.
    Political unrest and unrelenting elitists efforts to aggravate tensions between nuclear superpowers is creating a feeling of global anxiety not felt since the height of the Cold War. And as apprehension grows, some of the world’s wealthiest inhabitants are preparing for the worst in major ways.

Sellers of high-end security shelters are reporting massive increases in global sales over the past year as international business tycoons, the executives of major technology companies, sports billionaires, hedge fund managers and other members of the so-called 1 percent.

A report recently published by CNN relayed that bunker construction outfits are reporting an uptick in demand for both units designed to protect single families and community-style properties designed to house multiple family units.

From the organization: “Gary Lynch, general manager of Texas-based Rising S Company, says 2016 sales for their custom high-end underground bunkers grew 700% compared to 2015, while overall sales have grown 300% since the November US presidential election alone.

“The company’s plate steel bunkers, which are designed to last for generations, can hold a minimum of one year’s worth of food per resident and withstand earthquakes.”

Another increasingly popular factor in bunker demand for the world’s wealthy is reportedly fortification against nuclear attacks, signaling very real anxiety about the possibility of a nuclear mishap among the world’s wealthy.

Not surprisingly, the uptick in the interest for luxury bunkers comes at a time when many of the wealthiest people in the world are quietly pushing their fortunes around in ways that make clear their betting against the U.S. economy.

As I noted earlier this month: Right now, Soros has money in a blind trust that’s betting heavily against the U.S. economy. Gates has taken on similar investment vehicles over the past several years. That’s because when the global debt bubble we’ve been talking about bursts, the U.S. dollar is going to be faced with the highest level of devastation compared to other international currencies.”

More on that, and why you too should consider those investment strategies here: Your money is on fire

While a luxury super-bunker is out of reach for most of us, it’s also pretty unnecessary if you’ve worked over the years to prep practically for potential disruptions in civil order or natural disaster. If you’re looking for practical prepping advice, Personal Liberty’s vast Survival and Self-Sufficiency library is an excellent place to start.

Ultra-wealthy stocking up on survival supplies - Personal Liberty®

Bandit99 and Motomom34 like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well yeah the stockmarket is way up but gold just won't fall back below $1200 an ounce.
    With the stock market where it is now you would think golds price would have crashed.

Bandit99 likes this.
  3. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

You can buy supplies but you have to earn skills.

GOG and Motomom34 like this.
  4. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

People who have that much money just buy people with skills.

5. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

Historically, mercenaries eventually either turn on their masters or abandon them. I guess in the short term it would work, but at some point...

GOG, mysterymet and Motomom34 like this.
  6. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Mercenaries wouldn't stay if their families are in danger.

7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Kidnaping and blackmail are common in third world countries that have collapsed .
    But you can't threaten man with nothing to loose.
    It will take in the end a group that are dedicated to one another ,stronger than family.

8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Money will be useless.... Eventually everyone will run out of resources...

9. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yes, you are spot on in that assessment. So, the big question is 'Why won't gold drop?' The answers I come up with are disturbing...

10. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Frankly, concerning all the possible SHTF scenarios, I think Economic Collapse has the highest possibility of occurring within our lifetime. I don't think itself will be a complete apocalypse but the collapse could definitely be the catalyst that leads to one. Just imagine a world without the USA...

11. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I worked on a well known actors home outside of Wilmington, NC in 2009. It has a stairwell that lifts up to get to a 3500 square foot bunker complete with Samsung mini-splits that I installed, and a 10kw diesel genny that gets combustion air from outside. This "sweathog" (clue) spent as much on the bunker under the home as on the home itself. I personally think that the rich have always had such things, but there are just more of the rich right now which is skewing the numbers.
    BTW, I had to sign a non-disclosure before working on this home. Also, on my end of warranty visit in 2011 I noticed there was nothing in the bunker for survival. It was furnished but no food or other supplies.

12. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Each time gold prices start to rise, someone monkey-hammers it back down by selling a large amount. But nobody is purposely keeping the price of gold low, these are just coincidences.

13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I guess they figure they can wait till it happens before stocking up with supplies HA!

1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Yard Dart
  4. fl4848
  5. Motomom34
  6. Motomom34
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Coyote Ridge
  11. Motomom34
  12. Meat