unable to post pictures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elessar, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

I looked for a technical advice section but I can't find anything. I was trying to post pictures to a thread documenting a gardening project in the Green Patch but I am unable to post images from PhotoBucket. Can anyone provide some assistance or direct me to the section of the forum where instructions may reside please?

2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm not familiar with the protocol of photobucket regarding permissives but ordinarily you would open the image, copy the http address and paste it in the url address box that comes up when you add a photo. Alternately, if you have them on your computer, you could just "Upload a file" That's the easiest method

3. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

In photobucket click the little gear looking icon in the upper right hand corner and then click direct link. The come to the Monkey and click the button next to the one with the tree pictured in it called "Media" and paste the link there in the pop up window and complete your post. (You wont be able to see your picture in the preview tab.) You have to complete the post, then edit if you need to make changes.
    hope that helps.

4. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

QS: Thanks for your help. I'll work on this tonight when I get home from the local amatuer radio club meeting. I appreciate your advice.

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

@Elessar I wouldn't link any images from Photobucket if I were you. Once the bandwidth is used, your photos are no longer viewable on the web.

Listen, just copy the images from Photobucket to your hard drive, or if you already have the photos, simply click "UPLOAD FILE" at the bottom of the message box as you make your post. It's not a good idea to use an external linked image, and the upload feature on this forum has been customized to permit members to have full range of authority and ease of access. Just upload the images from your own PC, it's simple. Once they are uploaded, they will remain here on the SM server until you remove them from your post manually.

Here: Did You Know? Forum Tips and Tricks (New)

ghrit and RightHand like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7