Uneeda Lula!

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by 3M-TA3, Apr 6, 2018.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I finally got around to getting some Lula magazine loaders - the Maglula for pistols, a 5.56 Lula for my AR-15's , and a SR 25 Lula for my AR308. I also picked up a Striplula for easier stripper clip loading. All I can say is frikkin' WOW and why didn't I get these years ago?

No more thumb agony and much,much faster. You need a Lula for every magazine style you own, and an extra one for your SHTF weapons. I had so much fun loading 21 PMags while watching the local news I was actually disappointed when I ran out of empties.

Here is a good demonstration video:

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yup. First class thumb savers.

oldawg, tacmotusn and sec_monkey like this.
  3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I've seen these at the gun shows but still use the key and strippers. Perhaps I'll take a closer look.

sec_monkey likes this.
  4. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Well worth the price in time and thumbs saved :)

sec_monkey likes this.
  5. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Got one for my 9mm and my Ruger Mk 2! What a blessing , no more sore thumb and spend more time shooting.

6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I have been using them for the 9mm's for a long time, now. I would compare it to - well - knitting. LOL! Very fast, much faster than you can load by hand and no pain.

I haven't used them on the 5.56 stuff mainly because I shoot less of it but, you're right. I need one.

Uh-oh!...Amazon doesn't carry the 5.56...

Dont, sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I got mine on eBay: MagLula LULA Magazine Loader Speed Loader/Unloader USGI .223/5.56mm-LU10B | eBay with free shipping.

Bandit99, Tully Mars and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Don't forget the StripLula - 10 at a time with or without stripper clips:

I'm going to buy more mags just so I can use mine.. not really I'm buying as many as I can prior to their ban in my AO.

Also forgot to mention in the OP, but Lula makes loaders for darn near every magazine fed semi auto rifle, so FAL, HK, etc..

Tully Mars and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Yup Yup! Got a couple for the M1As and the FALs, sure saves the fingers, especially the mags that don' take stripper clips! Hadn't got to the 5.56 yet, stripper feeding seems faster to me, so will see if I can talk my brothers into being the test mules and maybe try them out before getting them for my self. I did get one for the 1911s, and that works nicely, so I guess I'm just being lazy not getting one for the ARs! Lol

10. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Better get 'em quick.
    Leftist gun-haters find out about those and they'll be illegal too.

Bandit99, Ura-Ki, Tully Mars and 2 others like this.
  11. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I do have loading boards for HKs, and FALs, and I even have hand crank loaders for both 7.62X51 and 7.62X63, can load links and belts! Rumor has it the FAL board will also do M1A and B.A.R. mags!
    In addition, I have finger boards to load pistol mags, they are super slick and can be done one handed!

Tully Mars and 3M-TA3 like this.
  12. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Yeah, I have really damaged hands and without the Lalulas I’d be carrying revolvers! I use a Caldwell loader for my ARs and it’s slicker than snake excrement!

Mountainman, Bandit99, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  13. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Good to see ya up and about Sarg!

14. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I have manual linking machines for the 1919A4 and for the Deutschland Duo's. Everything else I use strippers. Guess I need to modernize..

3M-TA3, Sgt Nambu and Ura-Ki like this.
  15. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Lol, I don't currently own a M1919 in any flavor, but know of several I could get to if I needed, made sure to get the belts and links just in case! Haha, even an Maxim 1917 8mm with barrel for 7X57 and 6.5X55 Swede! Nice thing, the belts all fit the different arms!

3M-TA3, Sgt Nambu and Tully Mars like this.
  16. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Last night I went through about 2/3 of my last 1000 rounds courtesy PSA before all my magazines were full. That led to the philosophical "chicken and egg" argument of should i have more ammo than magazines or more magazines than ammo? The obvious answer is that both are correct and more is always better.

With about a third of the box left I decided than more mags were the answer. I have 20 of Brownell's finest GI mags w/ MagPul followers on order, but I'm out of town starting Sunday, so my anal retentive side decided that I needed more mags now. By happenstance* Northwest Armory has black gen 2 MagPuls on sale so I bought ten of them (turned out they stuffed 11 in the bag so I gotta drive back in hopefully tomorrow and make it square) . The remaining boolets from that case filled them with just a hand full left over.

I tried both the 5.56 Lula and the StripLula and while the StripLula is faster (I used loose rounds) it takes you full attention, while I can dope off and load using the 5.56 Lula and watch TV. With stripper clips (just bought a thousand of them for the next PSA care package :)) the StripLula would be the bomb. I'm getting an extra of each along with the SR25 Lula.

*means I check the prices every day

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Would love to see pix of those contraptions when you make it back home!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  18. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7