Unemployment sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by Minuteman, May 5, 2009.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I have been laid off since January and am getting to the point of needing to sell a few things to keep the lights on. well, not that bad, but I could use some extra cash. So I am going to be selling a portion of my weapons collection. I have tables reserved at a gun show the weekend of the 16th and 17th. I thought I would give the monkeys here a chance before then.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR LOOKING AND FOR THE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT. I AM ENDING THE SALE. EVERYTHING THAT DIDN'T SALE I WILL BE KEEPING FOR NOW. THINGS ARE LOOKING UP AND DON'T REALLY NEED TO SELL ANYMORE STUFF RIGHT NOW.

I will be selling;

semi-auto 1919A4 belt fed 7.62X54R (if you ever wanted a belt fed you can't beat this one for cheap ammo) built from an Isreali parts kit with less than 100 rds through it.
    Included is a "Lafette" MG42 tri-pod with new optics and a 1919 adapter that holds two .30 cal ammo cans. One to hold belts the other to catch your links. It also allows the use of the Lafette trigger actuator.
    Monkey only price $2800 for all ( I also have cases of 7.62X54R ammo that I would sell with the gun, not seperate) (SOLD)

I may sell my vector arms semi-auto RPD belt fed 7.62X39
    with several (maybe 7) 100 rd belts and drums, military issue canvas gun cover, original leather sling and nylon M-60 sling
    Very nice shooter. Built in bi-pod.
    I would have to have at least $2500 to let it go ( SOLD ) :cry: I really hate to see this one go. But when I get back to work I will buy another one. Or an MG-42 that I was looking at before I got laid off.

Springfield Armory "loaded" 1911 full size .45, videki trigger, skeletonized hammer, extended beaver tail safety, OD green finish, hogue rubber grips $800 (SOLD)

SA M1 Garand (very nice, like new) I also have for sale with gun, several hundred rounds of 30-06 in bandoleers and en bloc clips, not sold seperate) $1100 (SOLD)

Ruger Vaquero .45 LC single action revolver, stainless with faux ivory grips $650
    With custom western holster (SOLD)

2. Minuteman

Here's some pics
    RPD. pix188428015. pix188428156. pix188428328. guns 002. guns 005. GB guns 019. GB guns 020.

3. Minuteman

yep,
    unemployment.

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

This makes me very sad......
    I love the photos!

5. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Good Luck on the Sale man:) The storm trooper pic rocks.

6. Minuteman

I've been going through my safes and deciding what to take to the gun show this weekend. I'll take an assortment, never know what might be selling. I really don't expect to sell the big ticket stuff. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if I don't. So I'll take an assortment to see what moves.
    I have two wall tables reserved and they have 1200 tables so far. Should be a good show.
    So here is a couple of items I'll be taking with me. I'll list them here just in case anyone would be interested.

Sporterised Mosin Nagant. With scope. Good deer rifle. And I have 200 hundred rounds of non corrosive, soft point ammo that I would sell with it for extra. $300

Bushmaster Heavy Barrel 1-9 twist pre-ban AR-15 with quad rail forend, VLTOR 4 position collapsible stock, Ergo grip with cleaning kit in handle, Vortec flash hider, vertical folding fore grip - $1100
    MN.JPG GB guns 001. GB guns 003. GB guns 004. GB guns 005.

7. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Can you hear the "ooohhhhhhhs and ahhhhhhssss" emanating from Texas?

Wow, nice toys.

8. Minuteman

Let's hope there are some ohhhs and ahhhs at the gun show this weekend. I worked this promoters shows in the past and always did good at them. One of the largest shows in our area. Also these listed prices are not final, I'm open to offers.

As an aside, I have had a few folks worried that I was selling off all of my guns. Not to worry, this barely makes a dent in it. These are all guns that I either just bought for the fun of it, or that I have two or more of. I won't be leaving myself unarmed (and well armed) by a long shot.
    I told the wife everytime I brought home some new gun that it was an investment. So I'm just cashing in a few of my assets. I don't buy stocks and bonds, I buy guns and ammo.

9. JC Refuge

JC Refuge Emergency Essentials Store Vendor

Where's the gun show this weekend? Are you in the Twin Cities? (not sure why I thought that--went back through here again--I had thought I saw an image with "Twin Cities" on it, but now I don't)

The 1919A4 has me thinking seriously.

10. Minuteman

JC,
    I'm a long way from Minn. The 1919 is a great gun. A lot of fun to shoot and always a head turner at the range. What I like about them is the wide range of accessories available or them. I have the 2 types of tri-pods, a set of spade grips, and a crank fire adapter that allows me to shoot very nearly full auto rate.
    I paid $350 for the spade grips, I would throw them in for an extra $200 with the gun. This one was built by a gunsmith in Tenn. and is quality work. I like the ability to switch calibers. You can easily change between .308, 30-06, 8mm, and with this one 7.62X54R. Just change barrels. The 54R uses the same isreali metal links as the other calibers and my manual linker works with it also. The links are about $60/1000 and the 20 rd at a time linkers run about $250.

I'd trade for an equivalent $ amount of freeze dried food too!!!
    Make me an offer.

Here's a few configurations
    M230_side-large. spring3ir0. pix722677046. pix524846750. randompictures130fw5. randompictures178po1. randompictures187zd3.

11. JC Refuge

JC Refuge Emergency Essentials Store Vendor

It's a beauty. I am so thinking about it. I'd be happy to work a trade with you on the MH food!

I'm pretty sure the crank-fire is illegal in MN, so I wouldn't be able to take that. But otherwise--any other MN gun-savvy folks here? Is the rest of this baby legal in this state?

12. Minuteman

Had a good time at the gun show. Sold a few things. The 1919 is still available. Had a lot of people looking at it, and drooling over it. But no one coughing up the cash. I had it marked for $3500 with 5K rounds of ammo. I dropped it to $3000 the last day and threw in the spade grips but no takers. Had a few dealers take my card but no calls on it.
    Sold the Garand, the 1911 pistol and the AR-15 pistol. Also some ammo, a western holster some 7.62X39 soft point ammo ( won't feed right in my RPD) and I sold my Bersa thunder .380.
    None of my big ticket stuff sold. I had a guy who was trying hard to talk himself into buying my .50 cal.
    All in all a good show. Had a good turnout. I meant to ask the promoter what the head count was but forgot. I would guesstimate around 5 to 8 thousand over the weekend. saturday was a steady stream of people. Sunday was intermittant.
    There is another show the last weekend of May. I may set up at that one too. I may list a few of these on Gunbroker.

I'll list anything I decide to sell on here and of course monkey discounts will apply!!

13. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Fun Show in Dallas this wkend I think?

14. Minuteman

Bump

There is a gun show coming up this weekend and I will be trying to sell a few more guns. Giving monkeys a preview and first chance. I have added some pics to this thread and lowered some prices.

15. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Sorry to hear that you're still unemployed. Good luck on the sales. I wish I wasn't in the same position in needing to raise some cash.

You have some nice toys BTW.

16. Minuteman

Thanks Colt. I have had a couple of good leads lately. I think I will be going up to North Dakota around Aug or Sept. Everyone in the biz is saying that they are expecting things to pick up around then. Last quarter is looking to be good. Just have to hang in till then. I'm blessed to have been able to put back a nice emergency fund and stock up on some nice toys the last few years. Hasn't really been a hardship so far. Other than having to "liquidate" a few assets.

17. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Mosin Nagant and Vaquero wanted. PM Sent.

Keep your head up, things will turn around for you.

18. Minuteman

I'm getting ready for a gun show coming up. I had the Bushy AR on GB but no hits so I am going to spice up the deal. I bought this tripod from a guy who built it. It is really unusual. Not sure what kind of application it has but it's cool. And I am throwing in the spade grips, bayonet, and factory Bushmaster hard case. This is a great deal. $1500 for all. SOLD
    guns4sale 009.

19. Minuteman

I also have another Bushmaster XM15 AR that I am going to sell. it is a post ban model with a M4 style barrel and A1 sights. I had the ugly compensater cut off and the barrel threaded and a 4 prong flash hider installed. The front sling swivel is missing but I have one in my workshop. Just haven't installed it yet. (have to find it in my odds & ends drawer). I'll let this one go for a Monkey price of $750.
    guns4sale 003.

20. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

No takers on the $750 Bushy unbelievable. [dunno]

Glad to see you sold the 1911. Now I can post mine up for sale :lol:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7