Unintended Consequences, by John Ross 1996

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by Brokor, Jan 20, 2010.

1. I knew I should have purchased a copy of that book when I saw it at the Porcfest (annual liberty-oriented event held in NH) a few years ago. I'm not into fiction, but I'm always on the look-out for the genre which can get me to even bother with it, and the survival or preparednes category is one of the few thing that piques my interest enough that I might break my otherwise rigid no-fiction rule.

Brokor likes this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Just a reminder. As internet copyright and other "laws" come into being, be aware that downloads such as this will NOT always be readily available. I will not give the .GOV any reason to lay restrictions on this site, which is why it is only currently available offsite. At the moment, linking to an external location is not in violation of any known legislation.

NotSoSneaky likes this.
  3. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

This could be a tad tin-foiley but;
    I might suggest saving it on a removable media device and reading it on a device NOT connected to the innterweb.

4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Not tin foily, IMHO. Just a healthy dose of caution.

NotSoSneaky likes this.
  5. Brokor

I use an Ironkey.

Designed specifically for enterprise, government and military customers that require exceptional security, performance and manageability from their mobile storage devices. Built from the ground up to be the world’s most secure flash drives, Imation Enterprise drives meet the stringent Security Level 3 requirements of the FIPS 140-2 standard, are outfitted with strong hardware encryption, and use the algorithm approved by the DOD for storing Top Secret data.

Safe, Hardware-based Encryption

Flash storage drives that rely on software-based encryption are vulnerable to cold-boot and malware attacks because they export AES encryption keys to the host PC. Imation drives instead use the Imation Cryptochip, a proven hardwarebased solution that keeps key management on the Imation drive and off the host PC. After users plug in an Imation Enterprise S250 or D250 drive, they must first authenticate with a password. Only then does Imation Cryptochip enable the encryption keys that unlock data and applications. And with the Imation Cryptochip handling encryption, PC performance doesn’t suffer.
    Designed to Foil Malware and Theives

Imation’s hardware-based encryption and password verification is always on and can’t be disabled by malware or a careless user. Self-defending Imation Enterprise drives also provide active protections against the spread of USB worms, crimeware and other malicious code. And if a thief enters 10 incorrect passwords in an attempt to break into the drive, the Cryptochip will initiate a self-destruct sequence that securely destroys the data and the device.
    Built to Last

Shielded in a solid, tamper-resistant and waterproof metal casing, Imation drives are built to survive years of wear and tear.
    imation-D-series.

mysterymet and NotSoSneaky like this.
  6. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

I received three copies of Unintended Consequences by John Ross in the mail today. The new paperback printing is now a reality.

7. Brokor

It's 2013. If you aren't going to take a second to give us a link or details about "how" you got the copies, I will have to say you're wrong about it "being a reality".

I just searched Amazon, only copy sold is for $300.00

Thanks.

8. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

AccuratePress.net, of course, as they've been advertising for years.
    UCpaper.JPG

9. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Unintended Consequences is high on my favorites list. My original copy was on loan to a Marine friend who was killed before he finished it. Perhaps following the law of unintended consequences, that copy has now been passed along to his son.

HD

10. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

11. ChrisNuttall

ChrisNuttall Monkey+++

Cool! Are those copies available in the UK?

Chris

12. Brokor

13. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Finally I can own a copy.

15. hot diggity

I placed my order Wednesday and got a nice e-mail on Thursday saying they were behind and it would be 4-6 weeks before my book arrived.

I guess they got caught up real quick. My book arrived today, Monday. Five days from placing the order til holding it in my hands. That's pretty impressive.

HD

16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I got my copy real quick also. Was your tape undone? I swear it had been opened then tried to reseal but the tape not stuck. Should I put on my tin-foil hat? [tf]

17. hot diggity

Nope, my box was intact. I think the mail man reads my Shotgun News, but Unintended Consequences arrived unmolested.

HD

Motomom34 likes this.
  18. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Wow, I just got banned from one loser site for saying basically the same thing (IT"S BACK!) and the troll mod got mad when he called me a liar and I told him "You believe what you want Frank, it's all the same to me". What is going on anymore? The mods are the trolls and anyone who doesn't suck up is banned or moderated for telling the truth. I always thought the mods were suppose to be the good guys in white hats but at too many sites the troll mods are the ones who attack with out knowledge (of any thing, but that is a different post), call people liars when they get slapped up along the head with the truth and then ban the truth tellers when the mods are exposed as the fools they are. It's ONLY a book folks!

19. -06

-06 Monkey+++

I help mod on a couple of sites and have on several before. Have always tried to be fair, impartial, and encouraging for the increasing of membership and enjoyment level of all. Over bearing, egotistical, and/or "dummy" mods really take away from sites. Over moderating is another problem that causes problems. Some mods act like members are kids that need spanking to keep them in line. These really make sites uninviting and the membership suffers accordingly. People vote "with their feet" or inactivity--both make the site less than it could be.

20. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Idiots and scumbags may be taking over more and more of the discussion here...but at least they aren't mods (yet)...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7