Resource Unintended Consequences (Free Download PDF)

Unintended Consequences by John Ross

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

GOG, Altoidfishfins, techsar and 2 others like this.
  2. cpaspr

cpaspr Monkey+++

Yeah, that particular version was out on the internet several years ago. I think someone ran OCR on a physical copy of the book. Quite a few typos and incorrect interpretations in it. For example, there's one particular racial epithet used a couple of times that the OCR translated as "spies". Really made me wonder when I first read it, until I figured out the issue.

3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I've found many recently printed books to have incorrect or omitted words throughout. Very annoying, since I read at a the normal pace of a conversation.

I wonder if there's any money in old fashioned red pen proof reading and correction?

Looking at the prices of even used paperback copies of Unintended Consequences, it's nice that anything is available online.

4. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I've got a hard copy and it stays in the bookcase. I've lent out a few paperback copies over the years as well as some others and never gotten even one back, so it stays behind glass.

5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I never lend a book I am not prepared to lose forever.

[​IMG]

I have given away many books for various reasons...including donating to street libraries...on the other hand I have been the beneficiary of others who have given (not lent) me books, or have donated to street libraries that I selectively take from, read and release.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2022
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7