United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by <exile>, Feb 12, 2008.

1. <exile>

<exile> Padawan Learner

A little bit of 'support our non-profit' going on but this is probably something we're going to continue to hear more about in the U.S.

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

I've seen both sides of "the best interest of the child". In some instances, good parents have their children removed until they can prove themselves "worthy" (for lack of a better word). The burden of proof definitely lays on the parents. How does one prove that they are a good parent after losing their child? They can't say "I was a good parent until you took my child and removed my ability."

The other instances are too sad for words :(. Children are repeatedly neglected and abused. Nobody helps, noone wants to get involved.

Talk to the educational authorities about the young child, left alone all day, who never leaves to attend school and is not home-schooled, and: There's nothing that they can do. But one misinterpreted conversation: They'll take a child out the back door while the parent is walking in the front door (back to parental burden of proof).

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7