Unmarked Semi-Tractor Trailer - What is it?

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by Buggzilla, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Buggzilla

Buggzilla Monkey

This big black beast, along with smaller black attendant beasts, showed up in our parking lot the other morning here on CU campus in Boulder, CO. No markings whatsoever on any of the vehicles. Weird antenna on deployable mast, barricaded no-walk/no-drive zone all around it, and nobody seems to be home. Any ideas on what/who it might be?
    2015-10-26 12.33.49.

sec_monkey likes this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

What does it say above the USDOT #?

VisuTrac and sec_monkey like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

sec_monkey likes this.
  4. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Wideband discone antenna on top of the mast.

[​IMG]

The discone's wideband coverage makes it attractive in commercial, military, amateur radio and radio scanner applications.

The discone's inherently wideband nature permits it to broadcast undesirable spurious emissions from faulty or improperly filtered transmitters.

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  5. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Municipal or .gov plates ?
    Could be a listening station for NSACIAFBITSA.

6. Buggzilla

Buggzilla Monkey

US government plates. I was told that it's indeed related to security for the upcoming GOP debate. Other folks have said they've been talked by secret service agents, who may or may not be associated with this big rig. Here's another shot of it I took. Another interesting thing is they've set up black cloth tarps to shield the underside at the front of the trailer from view. 2015-10-26 12.34.18.

7. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

@Tobit
    you will likely see a truck like this next;
    [​IMG]

8. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Sure looks like a mobile command post. I've seen very similar rigs operated by National Guard and state DHS units.

9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I really would like to know who thought the plan to have a Republican debate in Boulder was a good idea. Boulder is a cesspool of liberals communist thinkers. This has protest and hecklers written all over it.

10. Katana Lee

Katana Lee Monkey

People do have the right to protest :) even though the government thinks they don't

Brokor likes this.
  11. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I read somewhere that both Trump and Carson are getting secret service protection.
    Related to that perhaps.

12. Katana Lee

Katana Lee Monkey

Looks like a DHS mobile processing center, as in people processing.

They bring you in, biometrically scan you. While you are being scanned and biometric data is being recorded, you are also being questioned since the new lie detectors work on retinal responses and heat blooms in the body.

If they don't like the answers you are put in a cage.

The white truck is from the a company that contracts out to the government for building d.u.m.b.s. amongst other things.

13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Really? you don't say.. [sarc2] My point is that it seems goofy. Why not hold a Republican debate in a more friendly, welcoming atmosphere.

Gopherman and Ganado like this.
  14. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I would suggest it is the command post for the Secret Services advance team, doing prep work for the debate.

stg58, Airtime and Ganado like this.
  15. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

A portion of political strategy is to try and convince the minds of those who typically do not find you in favor to support you. There is very little to be gained from talking in front of people belonging to your same party unless you are reasserting your intentions and building impetus for another agenda.

What better place to hold a conservative convention than a college, located in Liberalville, USA?

16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The BIG Black Truck is the SS Mobile Comms & Command Post, and the small Black Truck is for scouting any RF Issues, that may cause Security Concerns, while doing the Advance Work. There will be a few more added to this setup as they get nearer to the actual event. They will be broken down and gone soon after the event is over and moved to the local HomeLand Storage Facility....
    The discones feed both a set of Spectrum Analyzers, and SDRs to monitor the RF Spectrum, in the area, while they get a BaseLine on what is normally in the area, BEFORE the event. The directional High Bandwidth Link Antenna is the Link to the local NSA Connection Point, that then feeds the National Security Fiber Network, with all the Remote Data, being collected. Before the Event, this will be Remote controlled, from elsewhere. When the Event Team arrives, they will man the Command & Control Positions, in person, as well as feed the NS Network. Very typical setup.

Yard Dart, Buggzilla and Tobit like this.
  17. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

They call that "Preaching to the Choir". It serves little real purpose.

Brokor likes this.
  18. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I say that some Motorola i355 in direct talk chatter around the location would be fun.

Yard Dart and Tobit like this.
  19. Rocky Road Lerp

Rocky Road Lerp Monkey+++

The committee decided Boulder was the best facility to use. We're not supposed to worry that they're gonna be in hostile territory, with a grip of protesters, and only showing them on the news feeds after the debate.

20. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

And if done now, would be considered normal background.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7