Unreported casualties of the winter storms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minuteman, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Got a call this morning. My Dad has been in the house since friday when this ice storm blew in. Not one to be idle for long he went out today and was going to start chipping the ice off his driveway. He slipped and fell and broke his hip. They did surgery this evening and put a pin in and he will have to have physical therapy.

The orthopedic surgeon told my Mom that they are working two shifts, night and day round the clock and that they have had a constant flow of people with broken bones for the last three days.

The news has been reporting the fatalities, but this is the first I have heard of the amount of non fatal injuries. And that is just in one of several major hospitals in the area. They said they had done 4 hip surgeries today and several arm and leg surgeries. And they had surgeries scheduled all night long for the fourth night in a row.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Ahhh man Im sorry MM about your father.
    I hope he recovers quickly and without troubles.

3. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Thanx Quig. He should be fine. The worst part will be having to be idle and not do anything for awhile. He's not good at being idle. Always got to be doing something. He mows his lawn every other day in the summer and then mows all the houses around him and the park down the road! Gonna be hard to keep him down long enough to heal.

4. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

MM, best wishes to your dad on a speedy recovery. I know how it feels to not want to be idle. My wife has a hard time pinning me down to watch a movie.

Ryan

5. BRONZ

BRONZ Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yeah bro sorry to hear about that.

you know those older types our moms and dads. They are some tuff folk. I worry about my mother. It would be just like her to get out and shovel snow or chip ice herself instead of paying some kid to do it.

She already mows her own grass and the neighbors grass on both sides.

...and she is 76

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Not to change the subject but.....
    Hi Bronz !!!!!!! Welcome back dude!!!!

7. dukenukum

dukenukum Monkey+++

my mom slipped and broke her ankle , now she gets to do pt mm i share your pain brother [notfunny]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7