Up To 16 Shot At Texas Church After Gunman Opens Fire During Service

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKR, Nov 5, 2017.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

• At least 16 people were shot by a gunman who opened fire just before 10.30am
    • The shooting occurred at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs in Texas
    • A witness said among those who were shot in the attack was a two-year-old child
    • Another witness said a man 'in full gear' walked into the church and opened fire
    • Victims were transported to a local hospital and it's unclear if any are deceased
    At least 16 people have been shot inside a Texas church after a gunman opened fire during the Sunday morning service.

The shooting happened at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, where around 50 people usually attend service, according to local reports.

Witnesses said a man 'in full gear' walked inside the church and opened fire just before 10.30am.
    [​IMG]

28 miles SE of San Antonio.
    Still breaking news - yet I found this in the Daily Mail. The brits seems bteer at reporting this stuff than US outlets.

Q:
    What can you do/what will you do to prevent the situation in/around where you live?

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

3. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

update At least 20 feared dead in mass shooting at Texas church

:cry:

4. DKR

and the anti-gunner politicians are swarming like flies on the this news.

sec_monkey likes this.
  5. sec_monkey

another update 20-24 feared dead out of 50

the rest were probably wounded

:cry: :cry:

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Nothing is sacred anymore to these crazy's.
    Prayers to those affected and the family's!

GrayGhost and sec_monkey like this.
  7. DKR

Tempstar and sec_monkey like this.
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If he had a DD from the AirForce, then he was Prohibited Person, and could NOT Posses a FireArm, legally...

9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Thoughts and prayers for the victims and their loved ones.

Dunerunner, Gator 45/70 and Tempstar like this.
  11. sec_monkey

update BCD not DD **

12. DKR

Was dumped for beating his wife and child. Did a year in the .mil slammer.

BTW - was confronted by an armed local who fired him up.

Another local ran the guy down. Open question if they shot him after he crashed or was wounded in town and bled out in transit.

sec_monkey likes this.
  13. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Looks like good guy shot bad guy as he was leaving, possably died from wounds from good guy! Nope, no more guncontroll talk, good guy with gun does bad guy with gun, dosnt fit the gun control spin now!
    All the more reason to carry every day, all the time, and further more, always having a rifle handy close by! Sad, sad story, it can only get better when all the stupid gun laws go away, and more folks start exerting there 2nd rights!

Off rant!

14. DKR

From the Texas Rangers:

Today's mass shooting in Sutherland Springs, Texas, was only halted after an armed Texan "engaged" the killer and put an end to the rampage, the Texas Rangers reported. Freeman Martin, a major in the Texas Rangers and a spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety, says the suspect dropped his rifle and fled after being confronted by a local man who had grabbed his (own) rifle. Freeman provided a timeline of the tragedy in a press briefing Sunday evening

15. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Nature is about balance. As soon as we the people start shooting these asshats when they start something like this, it will stop. My hat is off to the armed Texan who shut this clown down.

Ura-Ki, Bandit99, Yard Dart and 4 others like this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Looking at the victim demographic of the last 2 high profile shootings I say once is statistics, twice is coincidence, 3 times is enemy action.
    I don't believe in coincidences.
    This time it appears clear that it was enemy action if they guy was really saying something to the effect of he "wanted to start the next civil war".

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  17. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Latest I read says 28 dead. Church member engaged the goblin, then flagged down a passerby to chase the goblin as he drove away. Highway chase up to 95MPH, then the goblin crashed. Church member was on cellphone with PD as they chased the killer.
    Excellent proof that an armed citizenry is a good thing.

18. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Fortunately there was a armed citizen that put a stop to this before it got worse than it already was. What is a shame here, is that the congregation of that church was not armed and were slaughtered. To me it is just common sense that now days any place that people gather is a potential target for nut jobs with trucks, cars, bombs or guns. If anything the calls should be for better armed civilians with a emphasis in situational awareness. When I am out and about it never ceases to amaze me of the sheer number of people who are not aware of anything going on around them. The world is and always has been and always will be a dangerous place, it is our responsibility to make our little pocket of it as safe as possible and deter or eliminate threats to that safety.

19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It isn't yet clear to me that it was a member of the congregation (or a passerby that heard the shooting) that engaged the goblin, or if he was, he had to go to his car to get his rifle. I'll go out on a limb here, and venture a guess that the congregation did not allow guns in the building. Might be a collective mind change forthcoming.

Clarity will out given time.

20. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Read more: Texas Church Shooting Bring Call for Gun Control Before Facts are Known
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Presbyterian Rev. Gilbert Tennant:

“He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one who has no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God has enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itself teaches every creature to defend itself.”

article on the matter....

Tempstar, Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7