Up To 16 Shot At Texas Church After Gunman Opens Fire During Service

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKR, Nov 5, 2017.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Looks like a revenge killing by today's account - his ex's parents had attended the church. He was also an atheist who preached his non-religon online. Starting to smell like he may have blamed the church's influence on his ex inlaws for trouble in that marriage.

2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Well, I do know this...my wife has been after me to go to church more...if I do, I will be armed or I am not going.

3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

I am of the opinion that if the church says I can not go armed... I will find another church or just not go...

Gator 45/70, DKR, Bandit99 and 6 others like this.
  4. Mountain mama

Mountain mama Monkey++

Several people at ours are carrying. I feel safer knowing they are.

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Ok, I was WRONG, on this Yahoo having been Given a DD (Duck Dinner) from the Air Force, it turns out he was Convicted of Domestic Violence, for Beating His Wife and Son, spent two Years in the StockAid, and then given a BCD (Chicken Dinner) which does NOT cause him to lose his 2nd Amendment Rights.... HOWEVER, He is still a Prohibited Person as far as ATF is concerned due to the Domestic Violence Conviction, during his Court Marshal Proceedings... SO apparently there was a Paperwork Error, at NICS because he passed the NICS Background Check when he bought the Ruger AR15 style Rifle in San Antonio... More info is still needed to clarify this issue....

6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I got a call from one of my Sheriff's deputies this morning, he says our church is going to officially announce a armed policy, and had asked my self and others to offer safety classes and to help church members obtain CCPs as well as looking at and setting up security in and around our church! Most of our parishioners are armed any way, so this isn't going to be much of a problem, it's just now going to be officially recognised! We're mostly Ranchers and Mil. Former and active duty here, and many of the elders have spoken out that we must be able to protect our selves. Our church is also talking with the Sheriff about having locked ARs with certain members having instant access should the need arise! Those would have to have extra training, but we all ready know who it will likely be, so not a problem! I didn't see this coming, given the number of armed members, but I'm very glad to see the church taking a proactive approach to future security concerns!

7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Oh so the gun control we have now should have worked, it's just the government was too incompetent to file papers.

8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Yup, so we gotta have more laws, it's the way to fix every thing, not that the 33000+ gun laws on the books havnt allready stopped any thing from happening allready, let's throw more laws at rhe problem, sooner or later it's gotta work, RIGHT!
    <sarcasm off>

Dunerunner and sec_monkey like this.
  9. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yeah, I caught that too after @BTPost post...a lot of good those controls did those 28 dead and their families...

@Ura-Ki Wow! Now, that is a church that's got it together! And, thinking what is best for its people.

Ura-Ki, Dunerunner and sec_monkey like this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The only gun law we need is to enforce the gun control laws already on the books.

Thunder5Ranch likes this.
  11. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Or, since they don't work in the first place, get rid of them! :D

Ura-Ki, ghrit and sec_monkey like this.
  12. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

No amount of legislation will stop bad people from doing bad things. On a side not the military in general has been good on passing on the DDs but not so hot on less than DDs. As I was schooled this morning by a gun grabber though........ "If you were not allowed to own guns in the first place, we would not need to take your guns away! There is simply no valid reason for anyone outside of law enforcement to be armed in this day in age" Now who can argue with that logic (Please feel my sarcasm there :) )

Cruisin Sloth, Ura-Ki, oldawg and 3 others like this.
  13. Dunerunner

An obvious member of the protected class, or the ignorant bleating of an ever growing multitude of sheeple. They just don't get it! I will reference the growing number of knife attacks in Europe. People there are being robbed at knife point in ever growing numbers because the criminals know their targets are not able to fight back of defend themselves.

Here is your argument...

"If disarming the population of the United States would make everyone safe and there would be no one seeking to harm us, then why not disband the military? No more Nukes, get rid of the tanks and air craft and use that money to help society get ahead. We would be peace loving and therefore, no one would seek to do us harm, right?"

Ura-Ki, ghrit and sec_monkey like this.
  14. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Ura-Ki, Dunerunner and sec_monkey like this.
  15. BTPost

Turns out that the Air Force did NOT report the Results of the CourtMashal to the FBI NICS System... So when his Background Check was done, He came back clean.... Righthand didn’t communicate to the Lefthand... and 26 People Died... That is something that the FEDs need to fix....

16. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

And why would the LEOs need to be armed if everyone else is disarmed!

17. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I hope that idiot survives their first meeting with an armed thug....... might change their tune.

sec_monkey, 3M-TA3 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  18. Dunerunner

In my State, when appearing at the Sheriff's office to present your concealed carry application, if you are a Vet you also have to present your DD214. Not so when purchasing a firearm and the request goes through NCIS.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
  19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Dunerunner, BTPost and Ura-Ki like this.
  20. BTPost

I would put this Gentileman up for the US Medal of Freedom... Absolutely... Well Done, Sir...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7