Up To 16 Shot At Texas Church After Gunman Opens Fire During Service

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKR, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Did we catch how he only grabbed a handful of bullets?
    Guy was not even close to being prepared yet he prevailed!

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Better prepared in this case means he had certain conviction to end this, and i would imagine his training and skills played a more important part then credit is given to!

3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Good Guy with a gun used an AR - "I couldn't have stopped him without an AR"
    Texas Hero: I Couldn't Have Stopped Mass Shooter Without My AR-15

"The hero who stopped the gunman behind the deadly Texas church massacre said using an AR-15 enabled him to end the bloodshed. In an emotional interview with CRTV’s “Louder With Crowder” on Monday, Stephen Willeford described the gunfight and dramatic car chase that ensued to stop the shooter from slaughtering additional churchgoers.

The former National Rifle Association instructor was home Sunday morning when his daughter told Willeford she had heard gunshots from the nearby Baptist church, prompting him to get his AR-15 rifle from his safe and load a magazine. He ran to the church and confronted the alleged shooter, Devin Patrick Kelley, who fired shots at Willeford. While taking cover behind a pickup truck, Willeford fired several shots at the gunman, who sped away in his car. ..." Read more at the link above​

4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

You mean there are people who don't keep the magazine in the gun?

Ura-Ki and sec_monkey like this.
  5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I bet he keeps loaded mags from now on.

Seawolf1090, Ura-Ki and sec_monkey like this.
  6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I always carry a rifle just for times like this, and i I always carry loaded mags, so I don't get caught out. I bet there are a bunch of folks 're thinking things

3M-TA3, Yard Dart and sec_monkey like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Retarded CNN is focused on how anyone can buy an ar15. Nothing about how the incompetent .gov background check system failed.

Ura-Ki, oldawg and sec_monkey like this.
  8. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Not nearly just cnn. Been reading the lib outlets the few that even mention that part then proceed to call for even more laws so this can't happen again. What little and closed minds they have.

sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Nothing here has done anything that should make you expect that news outlets and demagogues will change their stance or agenda. They flat can't be trusted to tell the truth or to do the right thing. In my own state we are only months away from making California look like a Libertarian paradise. I may have to find secure storage out of state for items about to become illegal.

oldawg and sec_monkey like this.
  10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

GMA is also calling out on the gun control deal, pointing out all the recent incidents, pointing to Trump saying it's too soon to have a gun discussion, then blasting him for not "having" a discussion on gun control. Then the View with its ultra liberal stance is calling for full gun confiscation at best, and ultra restrictions at least, all the while restating Obummers claim that they all respect our 2nd rights, and we're not going to infringe! WTF are these assholes thinking? Not infringing? They are screeming at the top of their lungs to infringe the hell out of us!!! Rot in Hell

11. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I wouldn't expect anything different from daytime talk shows. I cringe every time I go downstairs from my office and some idiot like Whoopie Goldberg or Sharon Osborne is lecturing bored housewives on their progressive male bashing views. Talk about Judas Goats. I wouldn't piss on any of them if they were on fire unless I had just chugged a gallon of gas.

12. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Exaxtly, and that's the big problem, many wife's and others are hearing this ( beat in to their heads) and what do we get? More eftise liberals!!!

sec_monkey, 3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. Downunder

Downunder Monkey++

Advice from an Aussie that lived through the great 1996 gun buyback: get your pvc pipe and end caps while you can. They will sell out quickly when your semi auto's get banned.

Yard Dart, Ura-Ki, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  14. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Most monkeys take their firearms fishing in leaky boats to deep and uncharted waters and have to swim home. :oops:

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

There are those who still simply buy a backhoe and stock up on lime.

To paraphrase an old Bissell vacuum cleaner commercial "Liberty's messy. Clean it up!"

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and oldawg like this.
  16. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Regarding gun bans......
    "When it's time to bury them, it's high time to USE THEM!"

17. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

They eat it up. It's actually amazingly well crafted propaganda targeting the emotional response. I don't discuss it directly with Mrs. 3M any more. Instead I pick around the edges indirectly until the lights come on. Otherwise I'm "attacking" her TV "friend" who she will defend. It doesn't help that her mother currently lives with us and thinks everything on the major channels is true. Mom isn't coming with us next year...

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  18. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

My wife bought into all that hook line and sinker when we first married! It wasn't because she was blind to the truth, but because they told all the same lies with lipstick and perfume. About the time she started to really study for her citizenship did the lights fully come on, and she swallowed the red pull and awoke to the real world! Now she laughs at it all and we have nice discussions about the crap being spewed forth. It's purely entertainment now, and she and I take bets on how long before the gun control, or the anti repub, or anti Trump, or the were still hoping something happens, and Killory takes her rightful place!!!

Yard Dart, sec_monkey and 3M-TA3 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7