Mosby Upcoming Open Enrollment Pistol Course

Discussion in '3 Percent' started by survivalmonkey, Jun 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. survivalmonkey

survivalmonkey Monkey+++

We are still looking for folks interested in hosting some classes in the Midwest and East this autumn and winter. We’ve had a couple of folks interested that were unable to do so for one reason or another. We’ve got lots of privates coming up, but if you want an open-enrollment, in the eastern half of the country…..

In the meantime, we will be returning to Idaho Falls, ID, in October, for a TC3 and a Clandestine Carry Pistol course.

TC3 will be 18-19 OCT (This is a Wed and Thur). This course covers the current Tactical Combat Casualty Care protocols for Care Under Fire and Tactical Field Care Phase, as well as addressing these from the perspective of the grid-down/austere/”Ditch Doc” perspective, without significant support, and higher echelons of care . It also spends a pretty significant period of time discussing sustained care under these conditions, including preventive medicine, and long-tern nursing care for illness and injury.

Clandestine Carry Pistol will be 20-22 OCT (Friday-Sunday). This course starts with streamlining fundamental combative pistolcraft skills, including single and multiple assailants. It moves on to cognitive task-loading drills for in-fight problem-solving and decision-making, dealing with real-world issues that face the shooter in the modern context. We also cover tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP) for “virtually” accelerating the drawstroke, to make yourself faster and more accurate.

This course also covers in-fight weapons access of the pistol, or “fighting to the gun,” with a short introduction to the decision-making matrix used to determine when–and even if–drawing your gun is the right decision, versus going hands-on with bad guys.

Finally, in a new addition to this coursework, we discuss–and actually fire for record–a variety of different levels of “standards” and “qualification Courses-of-Fire,” that can be utilized to provide a quantifiable metric of ability and expertise.

(One of the things I’ve always prided myself on is my ability to present the material in ever-more accessible ways, to increase the retention of the material in the students’ minds. The changes I’ve made in this POI in recent months in private classes have received with accolades from students in both private and open-enrollment courses, because of the benefit to the students.)
    For enrollment specifics on either, or both, of these courses, please contact HH6 at mosbyhh6@hushmail.com, soon. The students in the last carbine course in Idaho Falls basically demanded that we return in the fall for this pistol course, so I suspect it is going to fill up quickly.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Continue reading...

1. survivalmonkey
  2. survivalmonkey
  3. survivalmonkey
  4. survivalmonkey
  5. survivalmonkey
  6. survivalmonkey
  7. survivalmonkey
  8. survivalmonkey
  9. survivalmonkey
  10. survivalmonkey