UPDATE: Arapahoe HS Armed School Resource Officer Confronted Shooter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

From a Fox News report of Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson’s press conference:

When an armed school resource officer entered the room, Pierson believed he was cornered and turned his gun on himself, Robinson said. The entire attack lasted approximately 80 seconds and was captured by security cameras.

Sounds like that SRO stopped what could have possibly been a much bigger tragedy. It’s a result that we expected, based on our own independent testing of school shooting scenarios. If that armed resource officer hadn’t been present, it would have taken even more time for the police to arrive and stop him — time the shooter could have used to killing more people. Instead, in the oft-ridiculed words of Wayne LaPierre, a good guy with a gun stopped the bad guy with a gun.

Yard Dart, Brokor, Dont and 2 others like this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

There's always more to the story...

Thanks for bringing this up, Quigs. We can pretty much call ourselves psychics, we got this down so well.

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  3. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

something else I heard today .... the guy that the teenager student shooter was targeting ran out a back door of the school when he heard the gunman was hunting him .... the official explanation was that he "drawing off the shooter" so the students would be safe .... that so much BS that it's laughable

Mountainman and Yard Dart like this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It would be a "Smart Move" If, and only if, he could be sure that the Kid knew, that he had "Left the Building"... Otherwise he is just a Yellow Dog....

Mountainman and Yard Dart like this.
  5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

"bravely good Sir Robin as he bravely ran away, He loved to fight and die in nasty ways...."

6. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace

I'd like to see the numbers concerning attacks on schools that armed their teachers.....wait that would be ZERO attacks. You mean criminals and psychopaths prefer helpless victims ? Who would have thunk it ?

I sadly shake my head when I think of our current society.

Brokor likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7