UPS STRIKE?

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by Wildbilly, May 26, 2023.

1. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

How many Monkeys are aware that UPS drivers and employees may go on strike when their contract expires on July 31? This could be big; UPS delivers 25% of the packages and supports 6% of the GDP! Many individuals and businesses are dependent upon that daily UPS delivery to survive! It's not just knick-knacks ordered from Ebay or Amazon, its food, medicine, guns, parts, and everything! Before you say FedEx or the USPS, they don't have the excess capacity. This is happening at the end of the summer retail season, just as businesses and individuals are ordering for the fall retail season. And this is gonna affect EVERYONE! Depending upon how long the strike lasts, it could even affect the Christmas season! Is there anything that you have to have that you might need to order extras of? I was asking my store manager and receiving manager about this at work and they had no idea!

SB21, Ura-Ki, Cruisin Sloth and 2 others like this.
  2. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Biden won't care, unless UPS is delivering his ice cream! :rolleyes:

Bandit99, SB21, Cruisin Sloth and 3 others like this.
  3. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

He will when it leads to a recession!

Ura-Ki, Alanaana and Dunerunner like this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

If there is a recession, it will be deep and long lasting. The Left wants to make sure the bucket is full of crap should a Republican win the White House. Seems we are always cleaning up after them!!

5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Being handicaped and homebound, I order all my food and other needs online, Amazon mostly. UPS is the only one who delivers to my front porch, in easy reach. USPS and FedREx won't enter my gate, just dump packages on the ground, over the fence if I am lucky, otherwise they "dump&dash" onto my driveway. Irritating, as I am mobility challenged.

sec_monkey, Dunerunner, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  6. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

You might want to start ordering your foodstuffs and such from Wal-Mart, they will deliver to your kitchen... if you want them to! You might also try checking with local churches and civic organizations, and friends and family.

Dunerunner and SB21 like this.
  7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Just means my packages will get delivered to the wrong address much slower.

8. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

This is good info! Thanks! I will have to have a hard think to see if there is anything I need to order in the coming weeks.

techsar and sec_monkey like this.
  9. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Hopefully, the two sides will come to an agreement before July 31st, but the Teamsters Union and the UPS drivers have been unhappy with the current contract since the beginning and seem determined to hold out for increased pay and benefits.

techsar and Seawolf1090 like this.
  10. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Lets Hope .
    Since the ranch always has couriers coming up , "WE" always offer them a cool drink of water to a soda , I stock a fridge just for drinks for anyone .
    I get great service , and smiles , plus the sign that lets the driver know the dogs name and not to give treats , if nervous , honk horn 3 quick blasts and some one will be right there.
    Sloth

11. Sunnyvibes

Sunnyvibes Monkey

Or adrenachrome

12. Sunnyvibes

Sunnyvibes Monkey

LOL "if"

Tempstar likes this.
  13. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

yea… optimistic

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary