Upside down flag

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hacon1, Jan 13, 2009.

1. hacon1

hacon1 Monkey+++

For the last month, I have been flying my American flag upside down, showing my protest towards the federal government and how they are stomping on our rights. It seems to have bruised someone's ego because for the second straight day, I have had t.v. news channels at my door wanting the story. This simple, quiet protest has turned into a circus. Here is the statement I have given the media:

<CENTER>[SIZE=+2]Why is the US Flag diplayed Upside Down?[/SIZE]
    [​IMG]</CENTER>

The upside down U.S. flag is an official signal of distress. It is not meant to be, and is not officially recognized as any type of disrespect when so displayed for the right reasons. To the contrary, here is the relevant part of the US Code of Laws regarding how to fly the flag when in distress:
    <CENTER>THE FLAG CODE
    Title 36, U.S.C., Chapter 10
    As amended by P.L. 344, 94th Congress
    Approved July 7, 1976
    </CENTER>
    § 176. Respect for flag: No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
    (a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
    Most individuals who have served in the military service of our nation will (or should) recognize this signal.
    As a result of the many traitors and enemies we as a free people have, both foreign and domestic, as a result of the many unconstitutional acts, legislation and atrocities passed and/or committed against US citizens and their life, liberty and property, and as a result of policies that have allowed (and continue to allow) enemies of this nation to enter in large numbers through a porous border policy, I believe the life, liberty and property of US Citizens are in dire danger and distress.

The missing picture is an upside down flag. Don't know why it didn't show up here.

2. Quantrill

Quantrill Monkey++

Most people are to stupid to know what the upside down flag means and equate it with radical movements. In my area this attitude has been magnified because some of the anarchist wear upside down flag patches on their jackets.

I think this is a wonderful way to protest the direction our country is going. Hold fast, and keep that flag upside down. Don't let the idiots change your mind. It is good to make people uncomfortable, perhaps it will make some think for themselves. Besides, if we don't exercise our rights we lose them.

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

4. hacon1

hacon1 Monkey+++

Well, it's day three of the media circus and now my family is being verbaly attacked and harrassed. I took the flag down this morning and I am going to take another approach. Glen Beck wants the story as do two other conservative sources. The bleeding hearts aren't going to win this one!

5. hacon1

hacon1 Monkey+++

Well, taking it down made the story even bigger. Glen Beck's people called me this morning and put me on the air. They are going to do a piece later this week. Fox news is being flooded with calls and e-mails and my phone won't stop ringing. I am being told that there is now a movement to see how many flags, the bloggers can get run this way by next Tuesday.

6. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

You have our support Hacon1. Maybe hand out another flier like you did before and state your case on why you are flying your flag as such. Repetition and don't change your story one bit, just hammer your ideas out there and they will have to either swallow it or give up on what could be a great story.
    Good luck, God bless.
    Stay safe, Stay sane.

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

If nothing else, some small segment of the sheeple mob will get an education on flag etiquette. That alone will fill in some of the blanks in their education. Frankly, I'd rather see the story someplace besides Beck, some MSM outlet like 20/20 or 60 Minutes. Only (I fear) those who already agree 100 percent with Beck will ever see the piece. Preaching to the choir is seldom productive.

8. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

[respect] [respect] [respect] [winkthumb]

Well done sir. More people need to realize that this nation is [sinking]

OGM

9. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

Good job, if I had a flag pole I'd hoist it upside down also in a show of solidarity, because I agree with your take 100% and am educated on flag etiquette.

You should make a deal with the networks , your story for $ to sue all the jackholes that harrased your family for assualt.

10. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Honored to say "you may have started a movement"I'll be watching for the beck peice. Let us know when it'll be on. Hat's off to you sir.

11. hacon1

hacon1 Monkey+++

Thank you all for the support. We haven't worked out what day I will be on Beck's show yet. It will either be tomorrow or Friday. People are definately forming sides on this one. I do not intend at this point to sue anyone. They have a right to speak their mind in a non-threatening manor. Unlike them, I do indeed understand this.......and I thank all vets for everyones continued ability to have this right. They are the ones that make it possible for us all to keep the rights we have. They are the ones that do and have stood over our watch. More later and thanks again!

12. USMCwife

USMCwife Monkey++

I heard about you, Hacon1, on Beck today and I stumbled across this forum looking up you're story. This is my first post here--sorry If I seem overenthusiastic. So many everyday Americans feel the same way, and they don't always know where to begin or how to express their opinions. I think you could have a movement here--something a lot of people can identify with. I would love to see bumper stickers, shirts, and whatever with the upside down flag and even a DistressedAmerican.com. So many Americans, myself included, feel like their rights and freedoms are slipping away. My husband and I may get stationed in California. We couldn't even take half of the guns we own with us because its against the law there. I think more strict gun laws and other restrictions are on their way across the nation. It may be too bold of a symbol, but I wish there was something out there that everyone could identify with. Good luck and I'll keep following your story.

13. hacon1

hacon1 Monkey+++

Day four. I played e-mail tag with Beck's people all morning and answered questions for reporters all afternoon. Tonight, I recieved a phone call from Penn State. Hopefully that's it for today. I'll let ya all know more when I do.

14. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

15. hacon1

hacon1 Monkey+++

Day five. Much quieter today. I only had a couple of newspapers and a couple of radio spots. Only a couple more newspapers to go, one radio station, and two t.v. interviews. One of the radio shows was national, that was kinda cool. I plan on getting out of here for the weekend so I fill ya all in more next week.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7