Urban BOBs

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by gadinort, Sep 15, 2007.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I don't doubt that a bit. I never heard that story but I am sure that lots of folks died that day because they didn't think about, or couldn't go through a wall

2. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Lots or even most places probably wouldnt be doing business if the electricity was out just because the registers are computerized and so are the gas pumps. I know when I worked at the convenience store if the register was down so were we and even with cash it was discouraged to do business since you would have to use pen and paper to try to add up the purchases then try to figure the tax, couldnt make change (register didnt open) and then when the register started working you would have to gather duplicates of the items sold to scan in and put the money in the register and if you were over or short you were in trouble. So as far as trores most likely only mom and pop places with owners or managers working the register would even be open with cash if the lights were out.

Another thing that would be good to keep in the truck if possible would be a 5 gallon can of gas that you dump in the tank and refill every few times you fuel the vehicle or with stable added. Then if something happens 'that one rare time' when you let the gas tank get low (you do always try to keep it well over 1/2 tank right?) then you have an extra 1/4 tank there to hopefuly get you home or at least to an area that may be less effected or uneffected where you could fuel up. I started doing that in part for emergencies but largly due to politics. I have my CCW permit and carry anytime Im not at work, but here and in most states as I understand where concealed carry is allowed, businesses can choose to post no ccw signs and then you cant carry there and I REFUSE to do business in places that choose to post criminal protection/victim zone signs. On my last trip home I was almost out of gas at 3 AM and the gas station I stoped at was posted...fortunatly I didnt have to walk on my way to the next station that was open but wasnt sure so bought the gas can and added it to the load out the next day.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7