US Ambassador to Libya Killed in Consulate Attack by peace loving Muslims

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tacmotusn, Sep 12, 2012.

1. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but it's the same direction as always - "Extremists are idiots." Doesn't matter to me whether it's a Muslim Extremist, Christian Extremist, Black Extremist, White Extremist, Conservative Extremist, Liberal Extremist, Gay Extremist, or Middle Aged Straight White Guy Extremist. Those who force their views on others are wrong. Those who use violence to promote their agenda are wrong. Those for whom hate is a primary part of their platform are wrong. Those who think they are right all the time, about everything, are wrong.

We have to be the most self destructive species ever to inhabit planet earth. We are willing to kill someone because they are a different color than ourselves, or because they hail from a different part of the globe than ourselves, or because they have a different idea of what the best economic system is, or because they have a different concept of the creator than we do, or because they wear a different colored tee shirt than we do, or because they like a different NFL team than we do, or because they prefer a 9mm over a .45 cal.

The biggest danger and bane for mankind that burst out of Pandora's box was free will, and the idea that to be right, everybody else has to share the choices that you (rhetorical) have made. Life would be so much nicer if everyone would pick the path that works for them, and leave everyone else to find their own path.

2. tulianr

Libya arrests 4 over deadly Benghazi attack

TRIPOLI (Reuters) - Libyan authorities have made four arrests in the investigation into the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi in which the U.S. ambassador and three embassy staff were killed, the deputy interior minister said on Thursday.
    "Four men are in custody and we are interrogating them because they are suspected of helping instigate the events at the U.S. consulate," Wanis Sharif told Reuters.
    He gave no more details.
    U.S. ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three other Americans died after the gunmen attacked the U.S. consulate and a safe house refuge in the eastern city of Benghazi on Tuesday night. The attackers were part of a mob blaming America for a film they said insulted the Prophet Mohammad.
    Demonstrators attacked the U.S. embassies in Yemen and Egypt on Thursday in protests against the film, and American warships were moved closer to Libya.
    President Barack Obama has vowed to bring to justice those responsible for the Benghazi attack, which U.S. officials said may have been planned in advance. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Washington had nothing to do with the video, which she called "disgusting and reprehensible".

3. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

tacmotusn likes this.
  4. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Let me toss a little CT gasoline on the fire. In any crime investigators are taught to first learn who benefits by it. So here we have a film made by a Jew, with multiple aliases, passports and ID's, who makes a movie that is sure to inflame Muslims around the world. A movie that is financed by shadowy individuals who, and it isn't proven yet, but it is surmised that they are Jews in America and Israel. It lies dormant on the internet for some time until unnamed individuals bring it to the attention of the Muslim world just before 9/11. And all this at a time when Israel is trying to get the U.S. to yet again fight another war on it's behalf, this time with Iran. Our faithful allies who have never shared a battlefield with us, who have never bled and died alongside U.S. servicemen who were fighting for their benefit. Yeah, if it smells like a duck and walks like a duck....can you say Mossad?

Mountainman, ditch witch and tulianr like this.
  5. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

good start. Hopefully they have some of them involved and not a patsy.

Guit_fishN likes this.
  6. tulianr

Oh, now you're just getting freaking picky. :)

7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Sorry your info is incorrect. It was not a Jew. That was the lie first told. The producer/director was an Egyptian born, naturalized American Coptic Christian. If you were to look into Coptic Christians in Egypt, you would find they were not so long ago the majority religion of Egypt. Due to Muslim persecution they fled Egypt and are now a small minority there. This guy started a major firestorm and is an excon and illegal drug manufactureer to boot, but he might have had some very strong family vengence motives.

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The things that struck me were some of the followups, main stream and otherwise. Lots of placards calling on the world, specifically the US, to not condemn the average muslim because of a few radicals. (Few is relative of course.) All that said, my exposure to muslims while living in SEA was to non radicals. I never developed a hatred for them.

I still think we need to give those new governments a short while to find and fix their internal problems. If they fail, it's time to provide those emerging "democracies" with some assistance under the table, and I do NOT mean any more money. It is time for our nieces and nephews to stop clamoring at Uncle Sugar's knee for more largess.

Full marks to Libya's and Egypt's presidents for condemning the actions. They have to get control of their populations; a difficult proposition, but necessary. They have to find the pot stirrers and isolate them.

So far as that ex con goes, Gitmo is too good for him.

BTPost likes this.
  9. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Unfortunately, Ghrit... He is a US Citizen, and as such with that part of the NDAA being declared Unconstitutional in Federal Court, and the FEDs enJoined from using it, while on appeal, so the best that .Gov could do, NOW, is to revoke his Parol, and send him back to Federal Prison, to serve out his full sentence. If they could prove he lied on his Citizenship Application, then they could strip him of that, and then send him to Gitmo... maybe, but a better thing would be to deport him back to Egypt... He would last about 10 seconds after getting off the plane, over there.....

11. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

NO Government of any ME Nation-State will be able to 'get control' of the population while radical, hate-filled Imams control the mosques. Note the worst of the violence of the day seems to happen just after "friday prayers" are concluded?

Guit_fishN likes this.
  12. Quigley_Sharps

probably

13. Minuteman

Well Tac the truth is out there but we may never know. Don't pull back the curtain there is nothing to see there.
    The guy who is purported to have made the film has claimed he is an American Jew, it is his own words. The Coptic Christian connection is supposedly how it got aired in Egypt that started the whole uproar. The guy in Cali is still a question mark, he has several aliases and ID's.

This from yesterday;
    September 16, 2012-
    There are numerous questions about what happened at the consulate where protesters had gathered to demonstrate against the film "Innocence of Muslims," which reportedly was made in California by a filmmaker whose identity is unclear.

This is the latest headlines;

“It was planned, definitely, it was planned by foreigners, by people who entered the country a few months ago, and they were planning this criminal act since their arrival,” Magariaf told CBS News.

The only piece of the puzzle left is if they tie these "foreigners" to Iran.

I'm not saying this is the case but that is what CT is, a possible scenario. If they tie this to Iran then it would be all to convenient to be coincidence, in my conspiracy minded world view anyway.

14. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

15. Minuteman

" We marched our troops in there, we can march them right back out again" - Ron Paul, responding to the question "you say you will bring our troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan, just how do you propose on doing that?" during the presidential primary debates.

Motomom34 and oldawg like this.
  16. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Response from Libyan president:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/17/l...ck-was-spontaneous-driven-by-anti-islam-film/

17. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

back to religion of peace.
    I am no fan of Bill Maher but then there are a couple of his interviews that leave me scratching my head. Such as this one.

and this one.

It finally dawned on me what I was missing. It is so obvious. All followers of Islam want the entire world to be tolerant and forgive any action no matter how abhorant, taken by a fellow Muslim against anyone else. But, should any person make any action or comment, implied or direct against Islam or Mudhamhead (yes I know that is not the PC spelling, but I like "mud ham head"), that is unforgiveable for they have no tolerance, and it automatically gives them the right to maim cripple or kill with an insane blood lust, and we must forgive their actions for that also, because it is in the name of ...... can we all say it, Mud ham head !!!

Mountainman likes this.
  18. Quigley_Sharps

579638_458832034161344_1521515990_n.
    579638_458832034161344_1521515990_n. 579638_458832034161344_1521515990_n.

19. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Thanks Quigs I needed that. I just about fell off my stool. You must be able to read my mind.

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  20. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57514546/u.s-military-suspends-joint-patrols-with-afghans/

So, what is the goal here now?

Defeat the Taliban/Al Queda? Obviously, we learned nothing from the Russians.

Nation-building? Create an ally...whose main export is opium...and chooses a religion over an ally? Nothing there is worth another soldier dying over....nothing. Those guys fighting...they're never going to give up...would you (if the tables were turned....U.N. on U.S. soil to quell "insurgents.")--see above?

I like goals. Is there an event/milestone that we can say: "OK, when we ___________, we can pull the troops out 100%." What is that event? Libtards asked that of Bush all the time, yet, are strangely silent now on this question.
    So, the question is: are their hearts into it? My gut tells me, 5 years from now, Afghanistan is going to be the same $h!th0l3 is has been for the past 1,000 years or so. Getting their country on its feet is not our problem if the people don't want it (it will all be in vain).

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7