US boosts Alaska Missile Defense

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mindgrinder, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

An American is having breakfast one morning; coffee, croissants,
    bread, butter & jam when a Canadian man, chewing gum, sits down next to him.
    The American ignores the Canadian who, nevertheless, starts a
    conversation:
    Canadian: "You American folk eat the whole bread?"
    American (in a bad mood): "Of course."
    Canadian: (after blowing a huge bubble) "We don't. In Canada, we
    only eat what's inside. The crusts we collect in a container, recycle
    it, transform them into croissants and sell them to the states." The
    Canadian has a smirk on his face.
    The American listens in silence.
    The Canadian persists: "Do you eat jelly with the bread?"
    American: "Of Course."
    Canadian: (cracking his gum between his teeth and chuckling). "We
    don't.
    In Canada we eat fresh fruit for breakfast, then we put all the
    peels, seeds, and leftovers in containers, recycle them, transform them into
    jam and sell the jam to the states."
    The American then asks: "Do you have sex in Canada?"
    Canadian: "Why of course we do", the Canadian says with a big
    smirk.
    American: And what do you do with the condoms once you've used
    them?"
    Canadian: "We throw them away, of course."
    American: "We don't. In America, we put them in a container,
    recycle them, melt them down into chewing gum and sell them to Canada.

Brokor likes this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I see; Copy and paste bits and pieces, Political Rhetoric , Stirring the pot and anything you can find that is, in you view anti American.

On the last one anti American most often you confuse your self and have to end the post when you finally understand you have gone in circles.

Quigley_Sharps and Mindgrinder like this.
  3. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

I appreciate your insight....most of my posts are from my iphone while commuting to work - hence the cut-paste with little comment until later.
    it's not so much anti-american as you might think...
    It's more aboot getting people to think....
    Your country is so absurdly arrogant about your control of the world through military might is absolute that you seriously need to be challenged.
    I don't need you "big brother".
    Your "help" comes at too high a cost.
    The sooner you realize that the world doesn't really "need" America, the sooner you'll realize that you should have kept your greed within your boarders.
    Now that you've screwed the world over...when you fall it will be a global response.

Think.
    Please.
    G

4. Akheloce

Akheloce Monkey++

I've tasted that crap. It's the most vile liqueur known to man. My friends lodge was given a bottle. He keeps it behind the bar just to give people a taste for shock value. So far, the opinion of that crap is 100% of all tasters hated it.

Anybody else find it ironic that this guy is bashing the US on a US Big Corporation device on a US govt. invented network?

As for Canada, I always thought it would be a good idea for the Alaska National Guard (or at least a platoon from one of the infantry companies) to secure the Alaska highway as a US right of way. No more border hassles. I mean, we did pay for the highway's construction and the maintenance for the last 65 years.

Quigley_Sharps and BTPost like this.
  5. Mindgrinder

Somehow i dont think u paid the entire bill for Hyder to Bellingham...so no...u dont own it. I certainly find it ironic that i'm on a dead end road farm with 100mb internet and your on what? 10? 20? at best. The "device" that makes this possible is a docsis 3 modem made in china, japan or south korea....NOT the USA.

Bite me yankee.

6. Akheloce

Akheloce Monkey++

me thinks you need to do a little more research, your google foo is weak. The Alaska highway does not go anywhere near Bellingham or Hyder.

So, what your saying is that Apple is not a US Corporation that you berated? So Ford is not a US corporation either? I guess it's Canadian. Oh, and while you're educating yourself, Google (actually, don't use Google, that's a US corporation... Use Canada's version) DARPANET.

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Funny, the Alaska Highway doesn't, GO to Hyder, or Start in Bellingham.... Oh well, don't let the FACTS get in the way of an OPINION, or a Rant.....

8. Mindgrinder

My foo is weak? Lol.
    If you want to drive from Alaska to the nearest line...what's your route?
    Apple is a US .GOV controlled corporation as is google.
    These are functions of your NSA/CIA the same way Facebook is.
    Wake up man.

G

9. HK_User

If you like SISSY drinks then stay with that CROWN and Coke. That combo with the US Cola should give you a bit of heart burn.

IF you want a REAL Whisky then get you some BALCONES, smooth as a baby's behind, no sissy colas or even water needed. Made and bottled in USA @ WACO TEXAS. IT's a TEXAS SINGLE MALT Whisky. Looking now (NO Internet needed when you have the real thing) at the bottle on my desk (real Desk, not a Ipod phony) I see it is a SPECIAL RELEASE . Real Whisky made for men to drink and woment too @ 53% Alc/Vol.

So stick with that Northern mouth wash if you think you like to handle that poor quality, bath tub, marshmellow, gin style drink.

Me? I can afford the best we make in TEJAS and not that watered down or boosted up barrel flavored crap from north of the border.

The least you should have is a bottle ofJD single barrel, at least for the neighbors sake.

Later, I'll tell you exactly how I feel about cheap watered down multi malt or grain whisky.

I'd hop an airplane.

10. Mindgrinder

S'ok man...i'm sad...i drink old milwaukee or ironhorse....crown is pretty rare but hey it's St paddys day....seems ok to me....little bit sweeter is all.

Enjoy getting groped by the TSA...as a Vet you're a prime suspect.
    I thought u had an amendment aboot unreasonable search and seizure...

Brokor likes this.
  11. HK_User

Not if you own the plane!

12. Akheloce

Akheloce Monkey++

Your lack of geography knowledge and history is making my head hurt. Just look up "Alaska Highway". It's a specific road/route. While you're at it, look up "Shakwak Agreement"

Heck, you don't even know your own country's budget. Canadian Forces budget was 1.15% of GDP in 2012, while the US' was 4.9% (no small amount of that budget is spent making sure that Alberta oil fields remain Canadian, not Chinese.

As far as government controlled corporations and NSA/CIA etc. You just put that on a public forum using a .gov iPhone and a .gov network.... Sheesh, now everyone knows. It was supposed to be a secret amongst the 47.7 million people in corporate America.

HK_User and Quigley_Sharps like this.
  13. BTPost

If driving from Seattle, the Sumas crossing is much faster, when going to Dawson Creek, where the Alaska Highway STARTS.....
    by going to Prince George, where you decide if you are going to Prince Rupert, to catch the Alaska Marine Highway Ferry, North,
    or up the Cassiar Hwy 37 to Ft St James. and back to BC Hwy 97 (The Alaska Highway) from Dawson Creek, then up Yukon Hwy 1.
    Then if your going to Southeastern Alaska, you take the Klondike Hwy 8, at the Carcroos Intersection, over to Carcross, and then
    either go to Skagway, AK south via Yukon Hwy2, or go up to Whitehorse, north on Yukon Hwy 2, until you meet Yukon Hwy 1,
    (the Alaska Highway) again at Whitehorse. then To go to Haines, Ak, north of town you take the Haines Cutoff, Yukon Hwy 3, or
    stay on Yukon Hwy 1 (the Alaska Highway) and head on up to the Northern Boarder Crossing at Northway, AK.... on your way to
    Tok, AK....

for a Cannook, you sure don't know your way around Northern BC and the Yukon.... Must be a citified boy....

Quigley_Sharps, kellory and HK_User like this.
  14. HK_User

Yup I once did the Trails to the Gold Rush, White Pass and Chilkoot Pass Skagway, White Pass trip and got so scared at the top when I saw the Funny Red Leafed Flag that I ran back to the safety of Sagway.

Not really I just moved on back to the train and enjoyed the view on the return trip.

15. BTPost

That is a very fun trip. Once in a Lifetime stuff...

Double post s due to SAT Based IP Link, Latency issues...

16. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Once in a lifetime, sure...But twice posted. [touchdown]

You guys are so silly. [grlft]

17. Akheloce

Akheloce Monkey++

If you lived in Canada, you'd have 100 Mb/sec, even at the end of the road, lol

Brokor likes this.
  18. HK_User

19. BTPost

Ah but that IS the issuu. Out here there are no Roads, that connect to anywhere... The nearest one that does is 250 miles away... Long haul for a TELCO Line.... I would kill your GrandMother for a 100 Mb/sec connection... But I will settle for two 1.5 Mb SAT based Links...

20. Akheloce

Akheloce Monkey++

Yeah Bruce, I'm aware of your location ;). As for a farm at the end of the road, I've BEEN to the end of the road... That's where I unload the snowmachines or wheeler and keep going for up to 2 hours to get to my spread... Maybe inferior to Canadians on Internet access, but I'll take that in trade for my location, and ability to shoot what I want on my range in my front yard.

kellory, Brokor and BTPost like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7