USDA tests online delivery services for food-stamp groceries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by svjoe, Jul 19, 2016.

1. svjoe

svjoe Angry Monkey

2. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

They will order the groceries, sell them whenever they arrive for 50 cents on the dollar and spend the money on cigarettes and booze. The SNAP program is riddled with fraud where I live. I would bet that 60% of the families are receiving food stamps.

3M-TA3 and Motomom34 like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I think for some people this would be a good thing. Some of the elderly and extremely disabled could really benefit from this service. Many of the elderly do not have a car and it is a chore to get groceries. I know of a lady that has a very handicapped child and has to take the bus everywhere. To get the child and wheel chair to the bus stop then do the grocery thing is an all day event. People like here could use this service and lighten her life a bit.

Ganado likes this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I cannot see that there would be any difference from mailing out the cards and making them walk to the store vs. on line services. The corruption and fraud will still be there. The main difference will be that it's easier to hack the web than to steal mail, you don't have to leave the house.

Ganado and T. Riley like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7