Using Air Guns for Self Defense StopGap (Apologies for What May Be a Totally Idiotic Question)

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by ED GEiN, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Just need the right tools in yer toy box ;)
    FN_M3M_GAU-21.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

But at 3,000-5,000 rds. per minute who, except the military, can afford the ammo? I would like to go to Knob Creek and shoot one though! Wonder what that would cost?

mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Prices used to be listed for rentals and ammo. Haven't looked lately.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

All the anti gun loosers who didn't think anyone needs a gun because the police will protect you are finding out how well their gun laws are working.
    They ain't doing shit besides keeping law abiding people from buying guns.

ED GEiN, Gator 45/70 and OldDude49 like this.
  5. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

thing is... sadly... they will probably still vote dem...

see it in those that ran away from their state due to how things are in that state to a new state...

and then proceed to elect the same party/politician types in their new state...

ED GEiN, Gator 45/70 and mysterymet like this.
  6. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Ummm.........Ed, just out of curiosity, have you had a mental stability check recently? Or maybe in the last several years? You seem a lil shellshocked.

ghrit and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

So, what I am hearing you say is you are living the dream of Hotel California by the Eagles.
    "We are all just prisoners here. Of our own device" and "You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave"
    Maybe the Eagles were talking about you in their song.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

No I didn't say I couldn't leave. I just meant it makes no sense while the Coronavirus crisis is on to move to another locale where the same crisis could be. I will wait until the Coronavirus crisis is over before I move. I don't see why that is so hard to understand. Where I live I have a great HMO and a great dentist and that to me is important.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Things like shut downs have nothing to do with the survival during the pandemic .If you have no job or financial resources how do you pay rent or pay bills? the alternative is to become homeless. Homelessness is the cutting edge of survival in the most meager of situations. These are not thriving, they are slowly dieing.
    People are thinking they can simply run to the woods and survive by hunting. 200 years ago that might be possible but even then people needed each other for things they could not produce themself.
    The only reason there is a shut down is to slow the inevitable spread of the disease and not over run the hospitals.
    The likely hood of getting the disease is still eminent, we are only post posing the inevitable.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Illinois has some retarded air gun laws.
    California might too.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

ED needs a ghost shotgun,The kind that can be found at gun shows...Nothing says I'm about to blow you're guts out like the sound of a pump shotgun being racked...Or he could just download that sound of a racking pump and put speakers at his door?

12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I prefer playing it live and in person.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

He says he's got a sound system that would do it. Might even have one on CD.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

...and then some other guy racks his shotgun and calls ED's bluff!

Alf60, Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  16. VisuTrac

@ED GEiN should just order a cap-n-ball revolver. Mr. UPS will deliver right to his door. No background checks, no mental stability check. Gotta love antiques.

STANGF150 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

And if you can’t kill it in Six Shots, You need to learn to shoot straight...

oldawg, VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Have you at least now commenced whatever process it is you need to do to purchase a real firearm ??? Placed an order with an online seller that will ship to your nearest dealer ? Done anything about ?

19. VisuTrac

I'm going to say .. no.
    I'm not sure he even has a stick.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7