uspostal paying employees with IOU' by oct

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by Tango3, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Ofall the people you don't want to" go postal" lets default on postal workers paychecks.[dunno][beat]

http://www.govexec.com/story_page.cfm?articleid=43192

<!-- -->Postal unions seek White House help on pay, benefits

<!-- *** ADDRESS ***--> By Carrie Dann CongressDaily July 17, 2009 <!-- *** /ADDRESS ***--> <!-- here provisions for story title as image - common for FYI pages --> <!-- *** STORY ***--> Four unions representing the nation's postal workers are pleading for a meeting with the White House to address possible funding shortfalls for workers' payroll and retiree health benefits, according to a letter obtained by CongressDaily.
    The presidents of the American Postal Workers Union, National Rural Letter Carriers' Association, National Association of Letter Carriers and National Postal Mailhandlers Union co-signed the Tuesday letter to White House Deputy Chief of Staff Jim Messina, warning that the U.S. Postal Service is at risk of defaulting on a $5.4 billion payment to prefund retiree health benefits at the end of September.
    The letter alleges that USPS "may not be able to make payroll in October and will be forced to issue IOUs instead."

2. kansasrebel

kansasrebel Monkey++

Well, seeing as how I'm a postal worker I guess it's a good thing I've been laying back food, and stashing as much cash back as possible. But remember this, if the PO goes down it will be taking alot of other businesses with it.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7