1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

USS Carl Vinson returns home......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seawolf1090, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Adventure Riding Monkey Founding Member

In the early 80s when I reported aboard my Navy frigate, in the "Horne Brothers Shipyard" in Virginia, we could see the brand spanking new USS Carl Vinson, super carrier, being finished a short distance away.

Now, nearly thirty years later, she returns home from deployment after a most historic voyage that saw the death and burial-at-sea of Bin Laden. Those sailors deserve some downtime, and being with their families. Deployments are always hard on families.
  2. ezbite

ezbite 5miles from mosquito lake

this is a trip down memory lane. i was on the kennedy in 83 and one of my best friends just transfered from the carl vinson. i still remember his name and face to this day. welcome home.
  3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Adventure Riding Monkey Founding Member

While in the shipyard, we were supposed to get a new EW Suite to replace our older-tech unit. They went to the Carl Vinson instead, and we finally got our units next refit......

A Super Carrier trumps a mere Frigate anytime! [LMAO]
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Amen and +1 for da wolf...

5. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Some trivia for you Monkeys: the USS Carl Vinson was used in the making of the film "Behind Enemy Lines."
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary