Alternative Medicine Valid Points, Time to get Educated

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Gator 45/70, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@Legion489 90%?!?!? Absurd. I agree they are tax heavily but not 90%. Below is a simple Google on tax rates for the UK. And, yes, I spent time in England ~3years, most of it in Southern England, a lot in London but traveled all over for work and pleasure and even met and married a girl from the North, not far from Blackpool/Liverpool, so yes, I have spent a lot of time at both ends of the country and been to doctors at both ends. Furthermore, I have had operations done in The Netherlands (groin hernia) and knee operation done in Germany (inner meniscus). Anyway, notice the tax rates below with their highest at 45%... our highest rate is 39.6% IIRC. As far as this situation being created by the Democrats... It is true they created this mess called the Affordable Healthcare Act but I think there is enough guilt to go around for both sides concerning healthcare. I would also state the obvious that the Republicans have had control of both Houses now for the past two years and have done nothing for healthcare (or anything else) as far as I know.

Starting rate for savings 10% (0% from 2015 to 2016) Up to £5,000
    Basic rate 20% Up to £31,785
    Higher rate 40% £31,786 to £150,000
    Additional rate 45% Over £150,001

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Bingo! Amazing isn't it. Fixing or abolishing Obamacare is starting to sound like a campaign platform only, with no real intent to fix the system or relieve the people of this burden. They system is broken and all we as citizens get is lip service. Do we really believe that some jerk who has been in Washington is really going to fix the system?

Bandit99 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yep, and once again points out that we the people need to do something. The only remaining question is what do we do? Writing your congress critter has not worked, nor has anything else tried so far. I do not have any ideas left that I alone can implement. I guess we await a Henry Bowman to show the way.

Bandit99 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

ghrit and @Motomom34 , I agree with you both and have this sneaky feeling that this mess we have been handed that is suppose to assist us in our lives but is here to stay. Notice that very few politicians now advocate to repeal it (ObamaCare) anymore. It is always 'let's fix it.' They need to toss it in the bin and start over. I have spoken to my Congressman once since I have returned but I will speak to him again soon and hopefully our Senator also as they are suppose to be coming to the area to 'grip and grin.' Perhaps I will write again as it got their attention last time and the written word is my favorite form of medium. I also want to talk about technology jobs for the area in the future. I just don't know what the young people will do around here when they graduate besides work at Costco or Walmart. I also don't understand why Idaho did not take the offense and entice the gun manufacturers to come here when many of them had all those problems a few years ago. Tax breaks and a cooperative Local/State government can be very tempting to ensure a positive bottom line. They blew it.

5. Flight-ER-Doc

Flight-ER-Doc Monkey+

Israel does not hate the US...although the current administration has given them ample reason to.

1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Ariasmith
  5. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
  12. jefferson
  13. Alanaana
  14. jefferson
  15. oil pan 4
    It seems that I'm at a loss.
    Thread by: oil pan 4, Aug 1, 2022, 63 replies, in forum: Politics
  16. fl4848
  17. HK_User
  18. Ganado