Valkman

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by melbo, Oct 22, 2005.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Picked up one of my knives on Friday.
    The pictures on the 'net do not do this thing justice!! Very nicely done all around. handle is very smooth and the rest of the knife is top notch.

I feel honored to have one of the first 'for sale' runs of Valks!! I really like the mosaic pins and if the small utility isn't too far along, I'd like them on that one too. (so they match)

It has a very crisp edge on it and I think as a beta tester, I'll actually use this thing and see what it can do. Oh, The sheath is a very nice touch. It is very thick and has a leather chunk inside that holds the knife in place. Finish is supple yet firm, and it makes a nice companion to the overall set. I really like the stitching and angled top part. Looks good on a belt!!

I don't know of many knife makers that have come so far, and refined their skills so quickly. I am proud to have this as part of my growing collection of high quality knives.

Thanks again Valkman! I look forward to your future designs and materials :p
    dsc00196_711. dsc00197_173.

2. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thanks Melbo - mosaic pins is the least I can do after ruining the small one twice. :)

The sheath work is almost all done by the wife Denise and she's getting alot better. Soon we'll be offering Kydex as well. For them Glock owners. Heh. :eek:

I really appreciate the biz - I realized today that I've now sold $1k worth of knives, and most of that has been to people here. I'm going to give something away to celebrate, just don't know what yet. Maybe TLynn's knife. Nah, I don't want to be looking over my shoulder the rest of my life! :D

3. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Oh I wouldn't worry too much Valkman...I only stay mad for a short amount of time...trust me (it wouldn't be for the rest of your life only 1/2 your life). :D

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Awesome!! Keep it up, looks like you may have some competition in the SM knife trade soon... [afro]

5. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That would be good - new makers who make their own designs do nothing but add to knifemaking. I like that I came up with my own designs and normally what anyone else makes will be much different. Like CJ's dagger - I have no desire to make those so it usually works out pretty well.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7