Varix III 4.5 - 14 x 40 MM

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by Clyde, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I have one of these scopes which used to be on a Weatherby 7MM. I would like to sell it. Make me an offer if you are interested as it has had little use.

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

You don't need another 7mm Weatherby to put it on, do you Clyde?

3. Clyde

No. I sold that and bought an M1A National Match. I found someone who collected weatherby's and didn't have a 7mm. I got lucky!

4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I like Leupold glasses; what do you need for it? Cash or trade?

5. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

The .50 rated one correct?

I am also interested...

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Me too, im interested.

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I'll need more glass soon as I get out of these trees

8. Clyde

Nomad: I do not know if this is rated for the .50 as it is the 6 year old model. I will post the details of the scope in a day or so so you could research for yourself to determine if it can take the pounding.

I would entertain a trade of this scope for a new or gently used complete A3 upper or flattop upper 16" or 20" since that can be shipped via mail without any problems.

Similar to this one: http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=823846&t=11082005

9. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

Post it please...

I've got a NEW Flat top 16" upper...

10. Clyde

Scope is VARI-X III, 4.5 - 14 x 40 mm. Front of scope is focusable from 50 - infinity with 50 to 100 yard increments. Rear has zoom to the aforementioned. Has duplex retilce .

I believe I bought this version about 8 years ago. It was mounted on a weatherby 7mm on which I sent 30 rounds down range the left it in a sealed case until I sold the gun. Have since mounted it on an M1A and have shot about 30 rounds down range with the scope.

That about wraps up the summary. This is as close a picture I can find of the model I have. http://cgi.ebay.com/LEUPOLD-VX-III-...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

11. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

Mil Dot?

12. Clyde

no. duplex

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7