Vegan Food

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Clyde, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Today, while traversing NYC looking at sites, I realized I was famished. I walked into the first decent restaurant I found. Cafe 79. After ordering a drink, I asked for a menu. Vegan organic gourmet.

Sine I never had vegan food, I ordered the waiter's recommendation, Spaghetti & Not-so-meatballs. I have to say it was better than most pasta I eat as they ad seasonings and veggies that increase the flavor. Parmesan? No way, powdered cashewmesan.

Downside: my innards are in turmoil with the production of noxious odiferous.

Opinionated and Falcon15 like this.
  2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

wait for the lingerlonger

Falcon15 and Brokor like this.
  3. beast

beast backwoodsman

i was reading the other day where they said a vegan diet is NOT good for us
    there are some of the B complex vitamins we require that only come from red meat

one thing ive always loved to ask vegans "do you s'pose the bear will let you
    go when you tell it youre vegan?"

BTPost and Falcon15 like this.
  4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

[​IMG]
    I can't justify paying full price for a meal when all I receive is a side dish.

5. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I always liked the joke: "What did Indians call a hunter who never killed anything?" EDIT: ahhhh...I see the inspirational poster now.

I liked the Southpark episode even better when one of the boys became a vegetarian and he started growing little vaginas on his skin and if he didn't start eating meat soon, he'd turn into one giant pu**y.

Falcon15 and Brokor like this.
  6. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

I only have two things to say:
    Number 1:
    I am never giving this up: bbq.
    #2: Amen.
    Meatismurder.

Sapper John likes this.
  7. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I love vegetarians. They are especially tasty with a sweet/smoky rub and smoked at 160 degrees for a few hours.

Sapper John and Falcon15 like this.
  8. beast

beast backwoodsman

cows, goats, sheep, deer and rabbits are vegetarians
    look where it gets them...
    an open invitation to dinner, as the main course

one more thought...
    did ya ever notice that no herbivores developed a higher intelligence? only omnivores have done so

9. Falcon15

That is because it does not require a lot of brains to sneak up on a blade of grass.

10. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I'd eat me some fresh road killed dear. :oops:

Falcon15 likes this.
  11. emh1701

emh1701 Monkey+

Vegan food can be good, but I wouldn't live on it for my entire life. If you really want to go vegan as a prepper, there are always rice & beans.

12. Falcon15

If you are going vegan as a prepper, you are going to be a corpse.
    To whit - a very well done article written by Barry Groves PhD.
    The Naive Vegetarian

13. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Just saw on the news that Bill Clinton has become a vegan. He looked like sheet and like beast said, "no herbivores developed a higher intelligence?". Fits the profile just right but did not mind giving protein out in the past?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7