Vehicles that I wish I didn't get rid of thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, May 29, 2010.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

What vehicle(s) do you wish you have never gotten rid of?
    I let a few really nice older 69-72 Broncos go I wish I had today.
    72 Land cruiser

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

66 Corvair ragtop. All the rest are/were pretty mundane.

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

'65 GTO ragtop - red

Still have my '78 TransAm 6.6 and '59 MGA ragtop

4. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

1964 VW Bug....I was still driving that car in 1984...Should've kept it.

And my last Honda. I should never ever have listened to a man that told me to get rid of it and get the POS KIA I have now....sheesh.

5. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I had 3 VW bugs, '64, a '66, and a '69 and I loved every one of them. Bought the '69 new with every option offered - a wood grained steering wheel and shift knob. Paid about $1800. Windshield ice was the biggest problem. The ice was on the inside!

6. CRC

That '64 Bug...and a little Datsun 510 I had would haul ass..lol! I could take off on a dime in those cars...loved them both! (for the youngsters here....Nissan used to be Datsun. :) )

7. RightHand

A friend of mine had a nice yellow Datsun. Fun times.

On my 69 bug, I put a whip antenna on the rear bumper. It was twice the height of the bug itself. Those were CB times!

8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I had a real thing for AMC at one time. The cars I miss.....

1968 AMC Javelin, 232ci six - fairly economical and reliable.

1968 AMC AMX - the 2-seater. 290ci V8, street-legal dragster, ran like a scalded dog! I used to go hunting 455 Trans Ams just to blow their doors off.....

1970 AMC Javelin SST 360ci V8 - a super nice performance car with flair.

9. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

'64 Olds Starfire, '63 Falcon Futura, '87 Toyota 4Runner, '59 T-Bird

10. CRC

I forgot about my old "Funky Falcon"...I loved that car! You'd be surprised how many teenagers, and cases of beer you could fit in one of those.....Not that I'd know anything about that. [batteye]

As for AMC...my Dad had a Gremlin he drove for 40 forevers...I wouldn't be surprised if whoever got that car is still running..lol!

11. XR750

XR750 Monkey+

A 66 FLH fatbob Chopper and a stock 69 triumph 500 Daytona

12. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

None.
    '77 Plymouth Volare - ADIOS you piece of junk!
    '86 Pontiac Firebird - BON VOYAGE you pain in the *ss!
    '93 Plymouth Sundance - served me well, but SEE YA!
    '91 Nissan Sentra 4 speed - took a lickin' and kept on tickin', but - HASTA LA VISTA!
    '95 Mercury Villager - SAYONARA sucker!
    '97 Dodge Grand Caravan - alright but - CIAO!

As you can see, I have a knack for picking real "winners".
    Don't miss one- not a single one.

13. kincade

kincade Monkey+

the only 4x4 i've ever owned. nissan x-terra. Notthin too serious but wasn't worried about tearing it up.

14. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

57 Chevy Belair 2 dr hardtop
    66 GTO hardtop
    68 Chevy SWB 4x4
    89 Chevy Silverado K5 Blazer 4x4
    65 Dodge stepside 2WD pickup
    77 Dodge Ramcharger 4x4
    77 Chevy SWB Cheyenne 4x4
    74 Chevy SWB Cheyenne Super 4x4 396 BB
    89 Toyota Xtra cab SR5 4x4 lifted and locked - ready for wheelin'
    74 Chevy Vega - because they are rare now

15. RightHand

I had a '72 Plymouth Duster than was one of the best car's I ever had. Slant 6, 3 on the floor, bench seat, cherry bomb muffler. Come winter I'd put studded radials on it and it would go through anything Mother Nature could send our way. When my daughter got her license, I let her have it. Not her idea of a glamor car.

16. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I just got rid of my 84' Jeep CJ7.... I miss it already.

Only a YJ will alleviate my pain.

For reference:
    The "Nutter" Bypass

17. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

Snortin' Norton

I had the sincere pleasure of owning a black with gold pinstripe 1974 Norton 850 Interstate Commando during my single days on the roads in and around central Texas during the mid-to-late 1970s.

There was no electric start on my bike. You had to prime those Limey carbs just right, give the kick starter a couple primer kicks on choke; then turn the ignition switch on for the third kick--which usually fired up the twin cylinders. If not, well try again.

The engine was mounted into the frame with thick rubber gussets to smooth out vibration. The Lucas tach / speedo / electrics were less than state of the art for even the 1970s--typically British. Still, it was fast, capable of an honest 105-110 mph, but could not out accelerate the Japanese two and four-cycle imports of the era. But it was a really smooth cruiser at 70 to 90 mph with a handy gas tank capacity of (I think) 4.2 gallons (about 240 miles before flipping the petcock over to "reserve").

I sold it to a kid who never did understand the demands of caring for a British bike. It didn't last long in his hands before becoming junk.

18. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

My first new car that I bought - a 94 Saturn SL1. Nothing real special about it other than I bought it brand new and I traded it in at 130k mi. At about 80k the engine was rebuilt and I paid nothing for that, there was a defect with something in the engine so Saturn footed the bill.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Oh well.

19. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

("boooing") love Nortons, have yet to own one. Seen several flow through our shop
    IMG_5845.JPG

20. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

1968 Ford Galaxy 4dr police cruiser, Jacksonville Fl. sheriff's department. This car had a 428 CJ that had undergone even more mods by those that had previously owned her. Lost her to a drunk driver back in '98. :mad: I had only run her through the 1/4mile strip one time. She ran a 10.55 at 128.12 mph. That run scared the beejesus out of me.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7