Almost burned down my cabin. Stupid stupid stupid. My propane lamp ran out of gas, so I lit some candles while it cooled. Went to put a new cylinder on and it did not seal well. Guess what....FLAME ON.....It used to hang from a chain off of the rafter. First I booted the dogs out and then had to deal with the flamming, swinging fire ball. Grabbed the extinguisher but instead trie to tossthedog water on it. No go. Tryed to smother it with a towel, nope, flames went right through it. Ended up grabbing it with the towel and ripping it off the chain and tossing it out the door, TNX GOD for the rain. Haven't had any in two or so weeks. Gee, scorched my beard, hair and eye lashes, very toasty. Only done the same thing hundreds of time without a problem.........STUPID, STUPID STUPID!!!! When they say not near an open flame believe it! When they say not inside, believe it! It don't matter how many times you are STUPID and get away with something,don't be STUPID and do it anyways. Lucky I didn't burn down the house, lose most of what I hold dear or my dog's lives or even my own. Lesson learned,,,never to be forgotten. Woulda had a BIG mess with the extinguisher and I assesed the potental danger in not using it. Sure am glad the BIG GUY upstairs was with me tonight.