Very Very Very Good Stiletto "Edo-Me" Hand Saws

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by Bear, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Aloha Monkeys,

Found these 2 extras tucked away in the shop...

These are awesome Made In the USA... Stiletto, high end awesome tool maker, Hand Saws in the traditional pattern but with the amazingly fast and efficient Japanese tooth pattern. both are unused... the shorter one was kept in my saw case.

Don't go looking for these... as they are no longer being made.... amazing detail and craftsmanship on these saws... and are not offered on the Stiletto site...

I have 5 of these and will tell you... I absolutely love them... much more rigid than the traditional thin Japanese saws... and I grew up using this shape of saw...

Don't forget... high quality hand tools, that won't fail, will last, can be serviced or in this case sharpened and do the job efficiently... along with your other prep items are a very wise thing to have...

These were $100 a piece... yes even the shorter one... $150 for both, shipped insured to the USA.

Thanks for looking,

Take Care and God Bless,

Bear

DSCF7619.JPG

DSCF7620.JPG

DSCF7621.JPG

DSCF7622.JPG

DSCF7624.JPG

DSCF7688.JPG

Hanzo, kellory, madmax and 3 others like this.
  2. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Beautiful saws Bear.

Hanzo, kellory, Bear and 1 other person like this.
  3. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Thanks @Tully Mars The really nice thing about these is that they leave a nice finished cut and that they cut on both the push and pull strokes... not your everyday big box hardware store hand saw... and not for everyone... quality, fit and finish on these justified the price but most folks don't appreciate the value of a really good hand saw... probably why they discontinued them... so sad that the imported stuff is forcing USA quality into extinction.... even with my Dewalt Chop, Skil worm drive, Porter Cable, Festool etc... power saws... I still use these more often.... and when the power goes off and the Li Ion is drained.. it still works 2-3 times faster, cleaner and with more control then a regular saw... Nothing like a beautiful tool that also performs beautifully eh? ;)
    Of course IMHO....

Bear

Hanzo, kellory and Tully Mars like this.
  4. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Couldn't agree more @Bear. I have a lot of my Grandfather's tools, and while the hand saws are not in the same league as the above they are still much better than what you'll find @ Home Depot today. I don't know why,(as my trade is welding/steel fab) but I collect old wood planes. I love the things. I've got a few that are truly old and still work great!

5. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Nice tools, always a pleasure to read your post.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    Bear likes this.
  6. tr7heaven

tr7heaven Monkey

Never thought I would put a hand saw in the beautiful category, but these fit right in!

Tully Mars and Bear like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7