Walmart ammo alert

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I was looking around in Walmart today, trying to think of something to buy for Christmas gifts, when I found myself by the ammo case...it was almost empty. The only ammo available was .22, .30-30, .270, .30-06, etc., there was only a couple of boxes of handgun ammo (.40 cal. ), but plenty of shotgun shells. Either people are buying a lot of ammo, or Walmart is trying to get out of the ammo business by the first of the year! Thank God for Academy Sports and Rural King!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Guess I will have to buy and Ar10.
    Stupid walmart.
    They claim they want to stop selling pistol and black rifle ammo.
    Which is fcking stupid because 22LR is the most prolific handgun round of all time. Plus "politically correct" 308 and 30-06 are the most bad ass Nazi killing assault rifles and light machinegun calibers of all time.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

My wal mart had a ammo clearance on pistol ammo. .45acp $13.00 box of fifty,.38 special $9.00,9mm $6.00,.45 lc $12.00 box of twenty,.44mag $15.00 box of fifty. That's all I can remember as this is what I bought. I bought almost $1500.00 worth at this price. I will never see ammo this price again so loaded up.[flag]

techsar, Gray Wolf and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Going...Going...Gone!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It's all gone at the 88101 and 88103 Walmarts.
    Oh well. Fck'em.

Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

And here we are a year later and the shelves are bare again and have been bare for a while. I hope you guys were taking notes I sure have been.
    I got a gigantic pelican case that's like the size of a trunk at a yard sale.
    When ammo goes on sale again I'm filling it, for the intention of reselling it later, obviously not with ammo from walmart.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I took notes two panics ago. I went as long and as deep as I could right after Trump got elected and there were huge surplusses. Ditto for brass, primers, and some other related things. You may see XM-193 hit a buck or more before this one's over depending on election results.

I can still reload a very good Mk 262 clone for under 35 cents and XM193 for about 15 cents. Reloading prices haven't gone up that much, but you may have to work around quantity limits and be patient.

He who hesitates is lost.

techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I got some ss109 from when you could buy it on ebay which was decades ago, back when ebay was like an arms bazaar.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Walmart has no ammo.
    Well some birdshot ammo and 17 win super mag, maybe some 20ga buckshot or slugs, if you're lucky.
    I might have to do market research on selling 20ga buckshot. I only have 1/3 of 20ga shot gun, a barrel that goes to a break action, but a 12ga barrel normally lives on that breakaction.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Today walmart had winchester 5 round boxes of 9 pellet 00 buckshot on clearance for $1 per pack. I have never seen this style of box before so maybe an inventory screw up.
    But that's 20 cents each.
    Your local biden-chinamart may have some too. Only had 33 packs left when I found them.
    (Definitely going to resell them)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

22LR is getting extra stupid.
    Got some more cheap 22LR I could off load, some golden bullet and thunderbolt. Not really stuff you want to fire through a silencer. It was some of the first ammo back on the shelves in late 2017.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

My 10/22 hates the stuff for some reason other than it's overpriced junk

13. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

My ruger 10-22 and my ruger mark 111 competition will shoot anything you put in them. I have shot everything from rememington,Winchester,Federal and even the Aguila 60 grain. My Browning Buckmark is good to go also. The Aguila 60 grain is my armadillo ammo in the Browning buckmark. I cannot even remember the last fail to fire.
    [flag]

mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Well that is good to know there were boxes around here for $.035 per round. Not great but not horrible.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm seeing plenty of 350 legend (if you're into that kind) of thing at wallmart.

Gator 45/70 and oldman1111 like this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Midway has had #34 large rifle primers in stock all day, since about 1am.
    I don't need any.
    Usually any primer besides chedite 209 sells out in about 5 minutes.

17. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Out of stock already.... Soon to be flipped from $80 to $120 plus
    Glad I'm flush

18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I have too many large primers.
    If they were smalls I would have bought some.
    But #34s staying in stock for at least 8 hours at $92 shipped plus whatever your state tax is means things are turning around.
    A month or 6 ago they would have been gone in 8 minutes.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    3M-TA3 likes this.
  19. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

upload_2021-9-18_13-58-24.
    Just so we don't forget how it used to look. May 2016

johnbb and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Almost as good as looking at a centerfold when I was 16

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7