Walmart ammo alert

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Jun 18, 2018.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If walmart has 22lr ammo it's usually the shit I offloaded during the height of the plandemic for 8 to 10 cents a round (remington or federal, supersonic and lead)
    If they have the good stuff it's usually 10 to 12 cents a shot.
    Today they have winchester Silvertip "handgun ammo" (shhhhh don't tell the antis) for about 11 cents a shot out the door.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well my buddy texted me about the winchester silvertip this morning about 6am, I saw it about 7am. I assumed the were 100 packs with out seeing them. Turns out they're fiddys. 13 and a half hours later I dragged my happyass to wallyworld and a lot of it was still there. So I figured I wouldn't be a total ass hole for once and bought half of it, 1,050 rounds for 21 cents a shot out the door.
    They had a bunch of bulk packed cheap lead round nose shit too, didn't buy any of that.
    I'll go back tomorrow afternoon and buy the rest if any is left.
    At 6am he said there was at least 12 bricks of the cheap stuff, I get there and there's 4 bricks.
    But for 21 cents a shot I can see the poors going for the cheap stuff.

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I can see paying 5 or even 6 cents per round. Back just before the Obama-scare I bought .22 ammo all day long for 4 cents per round and stocked up. Ain't no way you will catch me paying 21 cents per round for .22 ammo. [js]

People keep saying, "but that's what it costssss!" -NO. That's what people keep PAYING!

Gator 45/70 and mysterymet like this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Eh, me personally I don't want to head into teotwawki with mostly 20+ year old ammo. Some of it was starting to show lead bloom.
    Everything that isn't a wheel gun has a silencer so no cheap lead bullet ammo or thunderjams.
    Premium ammo for silencers.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It took me a week but I bought it all.
    After I bought the initial 1,050 then all of a sudden the "3 box limit" was back.
    I think I'm the only person that bought the silvertip. Oh and I left all the cheap shit for the poors.

Is premium plated ammo worth paying 2x or 3x as much to fire through a silencer?
    If you don't know the answer to that then I guess you never owned a serviceable 22lr silencer and cleaned it after firing 50 cheap lead bullets through it.

6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm seeing plenty of 22wmr and 17hmr lately.

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I bought some of that wallmart 325 pack of "automatch" standard velocity federal ammo at right at 7 cents a shot out the door I figured why not. It is bare lead round nose and supersonic out of a 10 inch barrel like whats in the gemtech mist silencer it's is not ideal for use with silencers.

But for about double the price they have winchester 100 year tribute packs of "power point" standard velocity HP. Literal death by power point. And those have always been copper plated hollow points. But the standard velocity is super sonic out of longer barrels, standard looking hollow points fired out of a pistol usually never open up.

Also that silvertip appears to be supersonic out of a 4.4 inch barrel. It's pretty hot.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Ammo ammo every where at wally world.
    22wmr is back so I bought it up. Add some more 2021 made ammo to the 2016 and newer 22wmr pile.
    The "what would a 5.7x28 pistol do" tests (because 5.7 out of a pistol is really close to 22wmr out of a rifle) and ballistic concrete tests burned up all my old 2001-2008 ammo.
    Adding a 22wmr revolver in 2016 and the concrete tests spurred me to fill 50 cal ammo cans with 22wmr.

9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

22lr seems to be staying on the shelf at Wm here.

Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  10. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

The store manager should put a stop to that BS. If he doesn’t listen to you then call Corporate offices and tell them they should have a three box limit.

jim

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Then they die and leave over 180,000 rounds in the garage of their retirement mc mansion. I went to the estate sale of one of those guys who obviously bought all the ammo around the 2016 shortage.
    His 4 kids and grand kids didn't have a clue what to do with any of it. Other than "estate sale". Seemed like the types that would use the $ buy the latest home electrics and lease a gas guzzling suvs.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Winchester Silvertip did the best in the handgun ammo testing totally redeeming it's self. I thought for sure it was going on gunbroker. Did the best in the ruger with the trashcan silencer.
    The cheep federal 40gr lead RN did okay for 7 cents a shot in revolvers. Didn't feel like scraping it out of my silencer.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Winchester silvertip 22lr is shipping to walmarts once again. It's about $11 a box of fifty out the door. With handguns it runs great, most accurate tested so far.
    It did not shoot that well in my rifles, it was at least below average.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Shoot those handguns at 50 yards and get back with us.[ROFL]

15. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I must've missed something. Is there something wrong with shooting .22 pistol at 50 yards?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

My suppressed 22/45 would put a bunny or cat in grave danger at 50 yards even unsupported.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Nah, People should as it teaches one hold-over, boolit drop, point of impact etc.
    Have a friend that finds great joy in breaking clays at 110 yards with his Kimber 45

18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Walmart has a shitload of birdshot.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Walmart has more ammo than most of us could buy.
    Had a $100 burning a hole in my pocket so I blew it all on 22wmr. Hadn't seen it in a while and the price is down.

gii shi kan dug and SB21 like this.
  20. When you say down, what does that mean?
    .36 a round? .40?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7