Walmart shelves in Springhill, Mansfield, cleared in EBT glitch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, Oct 14, 2013.

1. C.T.Horner

C.T.Horner Monkey

I think the problem China Mart faced is bigger than they let on. As a huge retailer with a corporate legal staff of hundreds, they were well aware of the fact the would be on the hook for the overages. So why would they let it happen?

I think the answer is the most logical and simplest.

Fear of a riot, if they refused to accept the EBT cards when the system didn’t show a balance on the cards.

The policy is straight forward and I am sure the cashers and the local managers followed china mart policy to the letter at first, Which is call it in and get a verbal approval. That takes a lot of time. Then I suspect the entitled, got impatient, and a bit uppity and demanded their handout now. The managers panicked and called corporate for a solution and due to the fact the stores in question are predominately racially lopsided, corporate caved and ordered the stores to accept the cards and hope for the best. While using its muscle to get the EBT system up and running again.

The alternative for china mart would be being labeled as racist and uncaring willing to deprive black babies of food.

They had no choice, but this is a lesson for the future and I suspect possibly a test. We will know for sure if the food stamp program is threatened within the next week because the public has a short memory.

CT.

2. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

3. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Should have thrown the circuit breaker..."Oops, so sorry, we cannot process your purchases." Would have been a convenient moment for a fire alarm to go off too. In reality, I know they would have ransacked the place. But it sounds good.

Motomom34 and kellory like this.
  4. C.T.Horner

C.T.Horner Monkey

For clarification, I think the test was for the Government to shut off the EBT cards without really shutting them off, to see what would happen and scare the crap out of everybody. The problem is that china mart went with the flow and took it in the shorts to avoid a panic. My belief is TPTB will try again and announce some kind of threat to the SNAP cards soon. Only bigger this time.

Just a hunch. CT.

5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Great time for the computer/ registers to go down....everyone knows, when the power goes out , the stores can't even make change for a dollar. let alone, ring up an order.;)

CaboWabo5150 and Motomom34 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7