Warning: Dirty word/s ahead!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonfly, Oct 19, 2011.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Taxes!
    There, I've said it!
    I hear repeatedly that less than 50% of the people in this country pay ANY Federal income taxes!
    Gee, I wonder why!~
    Now IF I were getting more than $12,000 a year, for disability I'd have NO qualms about paying taxes!
    I don't even know what the monetary earning/s "cutoff" point is for being poor, to not so poor, to breaking even, and so on.....
    I understand the argument and all I can say is that IF you are under the Federal requirements which clearly state you must file and/or pay taxes at a certain amount of income....Fine.
    BUT, there are a LOT of people that fall into the category where they don't pay taxes as their income is so low, they barely keep a roof over their heads, clothes on their backs, and food in their stomachs.
    Wouldn't it be great IF we all had an income that would justify paying 10-20% or more of that income in taxes?
    I'd think I was Howard Hughes!
    I never in my life was concerned or coveted anyone elses income level. I have rubbed elbows with some well off individuals and never batted an eye! When I was doing commercial photography, I had to be around a lot of the "rich" types...but being rich is not all that some say it is!
    Most of the "rich" people I was around, were extremely paranoid...everyone was looking at them as the goose that laid the golden egg! I felt for them. They had bodyguards, accountants, advisers, and loads of relatives! They had to be "protected" even from themselves and their own good will! Sad. But I have no reason to be jealous of anyone just due to their level of income...If I was ever jealous of anyone, it was due to their educational level...not necessarily from some college, but of pure common sense! Knoweldge truly is power!
    I would have loved to get a degree in enginerring...It was not to be, but that's ok, I have done ok with what I had!
    Some are NOT nearly as lucky as I have been.

2. beast

beast backwoodsman

wealth makesd ya paranoid
    everybody wants to take it
    its much less stress to have nothing

dragonfly likes this.
  3. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I don't know about all that there has been a few times I've had nothing and it was pretty stressful. Then after the goverment tax man got done with me I had even less plus owed the goverment. lol

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Someone once said, "Being rich just means you can be miserable in more comfortable surroundings."

I don't wanna be rich. I just want to make an honest FRN for honest work and be able to keep most of it.

BTPost and Alpha Dog like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7